Subject: [XCON] Thrid Frontier Network Application Demo

From: "Arif Khan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 11:07:45 -0400

Greetings:

You are cordially invited  to attend the upcoming 
Third Frontier Network Event at Shawnee State University virtually tomorrow. 
This event will focus on the rapid development of the Interactive Digital 
Imaging Technologies industry, as well as feature an exciting keynote 
address from a national leader in this emerging field. There will also be a 
groundbreaking demonstration of adding assets to a live, regionally 
networked beta gaming simulation, plus interactive presentations from Ohio 
college and university students, academic program directors and industry 
representatives.

The demo will show game players overlaid over the game in small transparent 
windows by using high bandwidth 2.0 mbps connections using Interlaced Video 
at 30 FPS (60 Fields Per Second), this is the first time ever this is being 
done, and may change the whole concept of game playing.  The unique feature 
of this demo is that you will see players in real time commenting and 
talking to each other while playing the game.  For viewers it will not be 
interactive it is just a broadcast.

KEYNOTE ADDRESS
The Importance of High-speed Scalable Networks to the development of 
Interactive Digital Technologies featuring Dr. Michael Zyda, Director of the 
Viterbi School of Engineering's GamePipe Laboratory at the University of 
Southern California.

WHERE: Shawnee State University, Vern Riffe Center for Fine Arts

WHEN: Thursday, October 13, 2005
Presentation starts at 3:00 pm EST
A joint reception follows at 4:30 pm. EST

For more information and registration, please visit http://www.oar.net/tfnevents

There are three ways to watch the broadcast.

Dialing Directions for Watching 4CIF Video:
1. Register with a GDS-enabled Gatekeeper. (To borrow space see: 
http://commons.internet2.edu/reggate.html)
2. Make sure you are connecting at 384 kbps to 2.0 mbps.
3. Dial 001189 781 4444 (no spaces)

Dialing Directions for Watching regular Video:
1. Register with a GDS-enabled Gatekeeper. (To borrow space see: 
http://commons.internet2.edu/reggate.html)
2. Make sure you are connecting at 384 kbps to 2.0 mbps.
3. Dial 001189 781 5555 (no spaces)

Watching Stream:
Encoded at 384k
rtsp://codian.oar.net/conf_h263_g711u_384000__TFN+Shawnee+State+-+Mike+Zyda+

Encoded at 768k
rtsp://codian.oar.net/conf_h263_g711u_768000__TFN+Shawnee+State+-+Mike+Zyda+

Note:  The best results will be viewing it on QuickTime Version 7.0 you
can download it from http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/win.html

Kind Regards
_____________________
Arif Khan
Global Internet2 H.323 Services NOC
OARnet - A Division of Ohio Supercomputer Center
800-627-6420 or 614-292-9191
614-292-9087
[email-masked]
Ohio Supercomputer Center http://www.osc.edu
OARnet http://www.oar.net
Third Frontier Network http://www.osc.edu/oarnet/tfn/
Internet2 Commons http://commons.internet2.edu 
_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon

---

From: "Arif Khan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 08:21:52 -0400

Greetings All:

 I would like to thank all the remote sites for attending this event.

We had around 37 sites from all over the world watching,   we can also watch the archived stream at http://sg60.oar.net/TFN/ please scroll
down, it is second to the last with time stamp Created on: 10/13/2005 -14:21 EDT  Duration: 1 hour, 46 minutes, 57 seconds

I would also like to get some feedback so that we can learn from the mistakes and get things better for future events, and get more ideas as what can be done to improve this concept.

Kind Regards
_____________________
Arif Khan
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Arif Khan 
  To: [email-masked] 
  Cc: The Megaconference ; ViDeNet Zone Administrator's Listserv ; [email-masked] 
  Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2005 11:07 AM
  Subject: [MegaconfJr List] Thrid Frontier Network Application Demo

  Greetings:

  KEYNOTE ADDRESS

  Watching Stream:
  Encoded at 384k

  Encoded at 768k

  Kind Regards
  _____________________
  Arif Khan