Subject: [XCON] General comments on conference control

From: "Even, Roni" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 10:23:33 +0200

Hi,

I read the CSCP, COMP and CCMP drafts. This email presents general
issues that in my view should be addressed in the proposed solution (or
solutions). The drafts address part of those issues. I know that some of
the issues may be addressed after the protocol is selected.

1.     The solution need to specify how the client application finds
which templates are available and how to get a specific template for the
required conference.

2.     How to get conference status. The documents refer to the
conference event package and to the xcon-common-data-model for the
conference data structure. It is not clear how to follow changes in the
data. Is it based on event notification or on the conference control
protocol. If it is a mixture, how does it work.

3.     The documents suggest subscribing to the conference event
package. At which stage of the conference can you subscribe to its
state. For example, using the conference control protocol, the client
defines a conference that will be scheduled next week. Can the client
subscribe to the conference URI it receives.

4.     Floor control in conference, is it a separate protocol using a
separate channel, can we use BFCP tunneled in the selected protocol if
it is not CSCP

Thanks

Roni Even 

_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon