Subject: RE: [XCON] XCON Agenda Requests

From: "Chris Boulton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 11:33:26 -0000

We had an excellent discussion on the Control Protocol recently and if
this work is to move forward we just need to bite the bullet and make a
decision.  

There are folks ready and waiting to get this work completed but this is
a real sticking point for progress.

Chris.

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Roach [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 26 February 2006 20:13
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Alan Johnston
Subject: [XCON] XCON Agenda Requests

[as chair]

Anyone who would like agenda time during XCON at the upcoming 65th IETF 
meeting, please send me and Alan an email by Wednesday, March 8th; 
include a draft name and an approximate amount of time that you believe 
discussion will take. Thanks.

/a

_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon

Information contained in this e-mail and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee only, and may contain confidential information of Ubiquity Software Corporation.  All unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the addressee, please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this email.  Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing signed by an officer of Ubiquity Software Corporation, nothing in this communication shall be deemed to be legally binding.  Thank you.

_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon

---

From: "Sean Olson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 07:26:49 -0800

I would second that and add that there are probably a number of
sub-decisions that need to be made as well in support of a final
decision on the control protocol:

1) Encoding: Binary, Text, or Both?
2) Operations: What is a reasonable list of operations that need to be
supported in the first version of the protocol? 
3) Multimedia: Is this just for audio/video or are we truly building a
multimedia capable protocol?
4) Mobile:  Is this just for mobile devices or are we truly building an
intelligent endpoint capable protocol?
5) Best Practices: What practical implementation experience using BFCP
or the conference event package can we leverage while designing the
protocol?

/sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Boulton [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2006 3:33 AM
To: Adam Roach; [email-masked]
Cc: Alan Johnston
Subject: RE: [XCON] XCON Agenda Requests

Chris.

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Roach [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: 26 February 2006 20:13
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Alan Johnston
Subject: [XCON] XCON Agenda Requests

[as chair]

/a

Information contained in this e-mail and any attachments are intended
for the use of the addressee only, and may contain confidential
information of Ubiquity Software Corporation.  All unauthorized use,
disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the
addressee, please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies
of this email.  Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing signed by
an officer of Ubiquity Software Corporation, nothing in this
communication shall be deemed to be legally binding.  Thank you.