Subject: [XCON] Forward

From: "Chris Boulton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 11:21:24 -0000

Hi All,

As we actually have valuable face-to-face time in Prague, I think it
would be beneficial to plan some future activities for the group (either
in the meeting OR as a side meeting).  At last we seem to be making some
progress:

-          the Framework is just about baked

-          the Data model is progressing well

-          folks are actively working on other XCON areas

I think the coming period could be very important for the group and it
is essential that we are prepared in order to maximise productivity.  I
guess I am directing this mail to the Chairs and asking:

-          What are the next steps for this working group and how can we
achieve this efficiently?

o        Get Framework submitted to the RFC editor.

o        Get Data model agreed and submitted to RFC editor

o        Plan next phases (with deadlines and responsibilities) for
activities that will build on the previous two points.

The SIPPING WG is trying all sorts of new initiatives (Mary - feel free
to join in) to make the process more efficient and productive - it seems
we need similar action so we don't drift along.  I would be interested
to know the chairs thoughts + maybe we should have a side meeting to
discuss and work out a productive way forward (e.g. like a review
calendar and review team matrix).

Best Regards,

Chris.

Information contained in this e-mail and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee only, and may contain confidential information of Ubiquity Software Corporation. All unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the addressee, please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this email. Ubiquity Software Corporation plc, a company registered under the laws of England and Wales, Registration 2719723, registered offices at Eastern Business Park, Building 3, Wern Fawr Lane, St. Mellons, Cardiff CF3 5EA, Wales, United Kingdom.

_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon

---

From: Lorenzo Miniero <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 12:47:52 +0100

Hi Chris,

> The SIPPING WG is trying all sorts of new initiatives (Mary – feel free 
> to join in) to make the process more efficient and productive – it seems 
> we need similar action so we don’t drift along.  I would be interested 
> Information contained in this e-mail and any attachments are intended 
> for the use of the addressee only, and may contain confidential 
> information of Ubiquity Software Corporation. All unauthorized use, 
> disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the 
> addressee, please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies 
> of this email. Ubiquity Software Corporation plc, a company registered 
> under the laws of England and Wales, Registration 2719723, registered 
> offices at Eastern Business Park, Building 3, Wern Fawr Lane, St. 
> Mellons, Cardiff CF3 5EA, Wales, United Kingdom.
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 

Just my two cents on the matter.

IMHO the absolute priority, after the current Framework- and Data 
Model-related stuff, should be the Conference Control Protocol, which is 
a sensitive lack and on which almost all efforts should be focused.
It's a pity that the new proposed CCMP draft didn't get a slot at the 
upcoming meeting in Prague, but I hope some seeds of discussions on it 
will be born there anyway.

Cheers,

Lorenzo

-- 
Lorenzo Miniero, Junior Researcher
Dipartimento di Informatica e Sistemistica
Università degli Studi di Napoli "Federico II"
Via Claudio 21 -- 80125 Napoli (Italy)
Phone: +390817683821 - Fax: +390817683816
Email: [email-masked]