Subject: [XCON] Updated draft: draft-boulton-xcon-uri-01.txt

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 20:21:09 -0600

The draft defining a URI for identifying a specific conference object
has also been updated (I don't have the general IETF announcement, so
I'm assuming my spam filter ate it for some reason or I indavertently
deleted while doing my manual spam filtering):
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boulton-xcon-uri-01.txt

The primary changes in this version were the expansion of the section on
distribution of the identifiers to include discussion of their creation,
considering the cases where users join a conference via signaling
mechanisms such as SIP versus using the conference control protocol.
The security section also has real text now.  It is hopefully also now
clear in the document that the mapping mechanism is not prescriptive for
systems that have other mechanisms to correlate the various signaling
URIs with the XCON URI.  

While this document isn't entirely complete (IANA registration section
is still empty), it is believed to fairly comprehensive at this point.
As with the user identifier document, this document is a non-normative
reference in the framework, but it would still be good to get feedback
as to whether this document is ready to be accepted as a WG document.

Regards,
Mary 

_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon