Subject: [XCON] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-boulton-xcon-userid-01.txt

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 20:19:42 -0600

Per the following, we've updated the Conference User Identifier
document, reflecting the mailing list comments (to which I'll respond
separately).   Per those comments, the approach is to provide general
guidelines rather than prescriptive definition and mapping of the
conference user identifiers within a conferencing system. 

Any additional feedback is appreciated.  This document is referenced in
the XCON framework as a non-normative reference, but it would still be
good to get feedback on whether this document should be a WG document.

Thanks,
Mary

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2007 2:50 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-boulton-xcon-userid-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: A User Identifier for Centralized Conferencing
(XCON)
	Author(s)	: C. Boulton, M. Barnes
	Filename	: draft-boulton-xcon-userid-01.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 2007-3-1
	
A conferencing system is defined by "A framework and Data Model for
   Centralized Conferencing" and represents a container for
   administering and managing all conference related information.  The
   conference user concept is introduced in the framework to identify
   the entity participating in a conference and manipulating
   conferencing system related properties.  This document defines a
   Conference User Identifier and provides some guidelines for
   identifying a specific conference user within a conferencing system.
   The document also provides some examples of the logical mapping of
   this conference user identifier to protocol and signaling interface
   specific user identifiers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-boulton-xcon-userid-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-boulton-xcon-userid-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-boulton-xcon-userid-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon