Subject: [XCON] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-xcon-framework-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 18:50:01 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Centralized Conferencing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: A Framework for Centralized Conferencing
	Author(s)	: M. Barnes, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-xcon-framework-08.txt
	Pages		: 63
	Date		: 2007-5-15
	
This document defines the framework for Centralized Conferencing.
   The framework allows participants using various call signaling
   protocols, such as SIP, H.323, Jabber and PSTN, to exchange media in
   a centralized unicast conference.  The Centralized Conferencing
   Framework defines logical entities and naming conventions, along with 
   a high level conferencing data model.  The framework also outlines a
   set of conferencing protocols, which are complementary to the call
   signaling protocols, for building advanced conferencing applications.
   The framework binds all the defined components together for the
   benefit of builders of conferencing systems.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-xcon-framework-08.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-xcon-framework-08.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-xcon-framework-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon

---

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 10:48:43 -0500

Hi all,
 
This update reflects the recent feedback on the document from the
mailing list and updated the template to include the Intended status as
Informational.  Here's a summary of the changes:
1) added Intended Status as Informational
2) Removed data model from Title and clarified reference to data model
in this document as "high level data model".  Renamed section 5 from
"Centralized Conferencing Data Model" to "Centralized Conferencing
Data". 
3) deleted Conventions section with reference to 2119.
4) Moved terminology to just after intro, before overview
5) Changed "Common Conference Information" to "Conference Information". 
6) Removed references to policies as an integral part of data model:
updated text discussing policies in section 5 and section 5.2, with
section 7 text changed to be consistent with the updated text in section
5 and 5.2.  
7) Removal of references to individual conference-URI and Userid
documents, bringing some background back into the framework, since those
identifiers are defined in the data model. 
8) Miscellaneous editorial nits. 

And, here's a link to the diff:
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/xcon/draft-ietf-xcon-framework/draft-ietf-xcon-
framework-08-from-07.diff.html

The majority of the deltas are due to removing references and thus
reference numbers changing and removing the 2119 section and thus
section numbers changing. 

There is still one error in the doc since I removed the 2119 reference
there was still a capatilized MUST in the security section.   But, I
think that fix can wait until the chairs have done their PROTO review,
and I'll fix that with any other concerns that arise from that review. 

Other than that one error, I think the document is ready for IESG
review. 

Thanks,
Mary

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2007 5:50 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [XCON] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-xcon-framework-08.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Centralized Conferencing Working Group
of the IETF.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers