Subject: [XCON] draft-ietf-xcon-common-data-model

From: "Duddy, Sean (Sean)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 11:17:16 +0100

Hi,
    Some comments on the content of this data model re: audio
conferencing 
(I know these could be accomodated using extensions but maybe they
should be part of the standard model as they do seem central to any
conferencing solution)
 
1. Conference recording is missing. Need attribute(s) to indicate if
recording is allowed and how it is triggered (automatic or manual)
2. Conference playback is missing. Need attribute to indicate if
playback is allowed.
3. Music source selection is missing. Need to be able to set the music
source to be played to particpants
waiting to get into the conference.
4. Moderator and conferee passcode. I think the model calls this the
<conference-password>, but there needs 
to be two, one for moderator and one for conferee. Also as these are
DTMF digits, I think the term 'passcode'
is more appropriate than 'password'.
5. Apart from the access control lists, the model seems to be lacking in
security, specifically there needs to be a 
method to specify PIN codes associated with a conference i.e. user needs
to enter this PIN to gain entry to conference
6. Outbound dial list is missing. Need to be able to configure URIs that
the moderator/operator can dial out to when conference opens.
Also need to configure how the people on the list get dialled e.g.
manually by operator or automatic when moderator joins.
Need to configure what message gets played to them initially also.
7. Entry/Exit tone configuration is missing. Need to be able to specify
what should get played when particpants enter/leave 
e.g. tone,message,tone&message,none 
 
General questions:
1. How would on-demand conferences be modelled? (Demand conferences are
conferences that people can dial into any time i.e. there would be no
scheduling information).
2. There is no mention of port/line pools. e.g. scheduled conferences
would typically use ports from a reserved pool so one is guaranteed to
get into the conference
at conference start time. I think there should be an attribute to
specify what pool to use - reserved,unreserved,other.
3. For recurring conferences, where does the original recurrence info
get stored? i.e. there is a <conference-time> entry for each recurrence
which I assume
will have the start/end timing info for that particular recurrence, but
where does the original pattern get stored and how does the model
maintain the releationship
between the conferences that make up the pattern? This relationship
would be handy to apply a modification to all conferences that make up a
recurrence pattern.
 
Sean
_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon