Subject: [XCON] draft-ietf-xcon-ccmp

From: "Duddy, Sean (Sean)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 15:46:14 +0100

Hi,
    some comments on the draft-ietf-xcon-ccmp-00 
 
1. 6.1 Conference Object
    Blueprints are mentioned in the ccmp doc but are are not mentioned
in the draft-ietf-xcon-common-data-model-11.txt data model. 
It is unclear how the relationship between 'real conferences' (those
with resources allocated to it)  and blueprints is maintained in the
model.
e.g. can one query all the conferences derived from a blueprint? (might
be useful if one wanted to see the effect of modifying a blueprint)
 
2. 7.1 Retrieve
    Is it possible to retrieve conferences based on serach criteria? and
considering the result set could 
potentially run into the 1000s, should a paging mechanism be proposed in
the SOAP interface?
 
3. Options Request
    The purpose of this request is not very clear, maybe the cmd is not
named very well. In any case,
the usage of this cmd should be in the 'Examples' section also. So
basically from what I gather, this cmd 
is used by the client to determine what namespaces the server
understands and their associated blueprints?
It also states 
 
 optionsRequest/optionsResponse:  The optionsRequest is used to
      ascertain the namespaces, conference reservations and active
      conferences supported by the server.  The optionsResponse returns
      a list of the requested types of conference objects (e.g.,
      Blueprints, Conference Reservations and/or Active Confrences)
      supported by the specific conference server.

I dont understand why this cmd would be used to return active
conferences also? Should that be a seperate cmd?
 
Sean

 
_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon