Subject: [XCON] I-D Action:draft-ietf-xcon-ccmp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 17:30:04 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Centralized Conferencing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Centralized Conferencing Manipulation Protocol
	Author(s)       : M. Barnes, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-xcon-ccmp-00.txt
	Pages           : 42
	Date            : 2008-06-16

The Centralized Conferencing Manipulation Protocol (CCMP) defined in
this document provides the mechanisms to create, change and delete
objects related to centralized conferences, including participants,
their media and their roles.  The protocol relies on web services as
its infrastructure, but can control conferences that use any
signaling protocol to invite users.  CCMP is based on the Simple
Object Access Protocol (SOAP), with the data necessary for the
interactions specified via Web Services Description Language (WSDL).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-xcon-ccmp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon

---

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 14:24:27 -0500

Hi all,

This document is the WG version derived from draft-barnes-xcon-ccmp-04,
that was discussed at IETF-71 and agreed as the basis for the WG
protocol document. 

We have updated the document based on the feedback that the protocol
should define more discrete messages rather than just adding additional
parameters to the existing messages.  The previous version just had a
single request/response containing an operation. We've kept the concept
of operation as a parameter, but the detailed processing and parameters
for the operation can vary depending upon the type of request. 

We would like WG feedback on the following points (and of course, any
other comments you might have):
1. The general document structure - we'd rather change that now rather
than later. 
2. The general protocol structure, highlighted above and hopefully
fairly well documented in this version.
3. Other discrete operations that should be defined for the initial
protocol version.
4. Feedback related to "Editor's notes:" in the document. 

Simon Pietro Romano has joined as a co-author - his input has been
extremely useful based on his experiences with the prototype he and his
associates demonstrated at a previous IETF (which included the floor
control and was based on a very early version of CCMP). Simon is already
in the process of updating their prototype based on the most recent data
model to incorporate some of the concepts we've defined in this protocol
document. So, hopefully, we'll have running code as we develop this
document. 

We are also in the process of putting together a call flow document
(with details to be derived from the prototype) , per discussions from
IETF-71, again working with Simon and his associates. The call flows
should also help us to validate the technical content of this document,
as well as to ensure consistency with the XCON FW. We'll be starting
with the scenarios from that document, as many of those scenarios were
derived from the XCON scenarios document - RFC 4597. The plan is to
produce an initial version prior to IETF-72.

Thanks,
Mary, Chris, Henning and Simon. 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2008 7:30 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-xcon-ccmp-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Centralized Conferencing Working Group
of the IETF.

The Centralized Conferencing Manipulation Protocol (CCMP) defined in
this document provides the mechanisms to create, change and delete
objects related to centralized conferences, including participants,
their media and their roles.  The protocol relies on web services as its
infrastructure, but can control conferences that use any signaling
protocol to invite users.  CCMP is based on the Simple Object Access
Protocol (SOAP), with the data necessary for the interactions specified
via Web Services Description Language (WSDL).