Subject: [XCON] [Fwd: Announcement: New Boilerplate Text Required for all new Submissions to IETF]

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 10:04:22 -0600

[as chair]

FYI -- any i-ds you submit after December 16th will need to conform to 
new boilerplate language. This has implications on the IPR ownership of 
the contributed text as well. See the attached message for details.

/a

Subject: Announcement: New Boilerplate Text Required for all new Submissions to IETF
From: "Ed Juskevicius" <[email-masked]>
To: "IETF Discussion" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, "RFC Editor" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 18:03:36 -0500
List-Id: Working Group Chairs <wgchairs.ietf.org>

Greetings.  This message is to draw your attention to the significance
of the publication of RFC5377 and RFC5378 earlier today.  
 
* RFC5377 is Advice to the Trustees of the IETF Trust on Rights to Be
Granted in IETF Documents
* RFC5378 is Rights Contributors Provide to the IETF Trust
 
Note that RFC5378 is also BCP0078.  RFC5378 is an update to RFC2026, and
RFC5378 obsoletes both RFC3978 and RFC4748. 
 
Coincident with the above, the IETF Trustees have posted a new policy
document with guidance to the community on:
* Legal Provisions Relating to IETF Documents at
http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info/
 
Taken as a set, the documents listed above specify changes that are now
required in all new submissions into the IETF.

Henrik Levkowetz has updated the idnit tool and AMS have updated the
Internet-Draft submission tool to reflect the new requirements.  An
update to the xml2rfc has been requested. 
 
Please review the "Legal Provisions Relating to IETF Documents" and
RFC5378 to discover the new boilerplate text that is now required.
Please also take action to update the tools you use for creating your
documents.

New submissions using either the old or the new boilerplate text will be
accepted starting today, until 01h00 UTC on December 16th, 2008.  After
this cutoff date, all new submissions will be required to use ONLY the
new boilerplate text.  All submissions using old boilerplate text after
the cutoff date will be rejected.

Regards and FYI.

Ed Juskevicius
IETF Trust Chair
[email-masked]

p.s. - Don't be surprised if you see periodic reminders about this as we
approach December 16th. 
_______________________________________________
XCON mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/xcon