Subject: [XCON] XCON Chair Replacement

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 15:47:18 -0500

[as chair]

As I mentioned in Stockholm, I have been working with the RAI area 
directors to transition away from my role as XCON chair. The primary 
factor in this decision is a desire to focus on my new responsibilities 
co-chairing the SIPCORE working group.

It has been a pleasure working with each of you, and I am confident that 
we have the right group of implementors and authors involved to bring 
this work to a successful conclusion. I look forward to reading the 
announcement that XCON has closed after meeting its final milestone.

Please join me in welcoming Richard Barnes as the new co-chair of XCON.

Or, to put it in more technical terms:

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
  <ccmp:ccmpRequest xmlns:info="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:conference-info"
        xmlns:ccmp="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xcon:ccmp"
        xmlns:xcon="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xcon-conference-info">
    <ccmpRequest xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
       xsi:type="ccmp:ccmp-user-request-message-type">
        <confUserID>xcon-userid:[email-masked]</confUserID>
        <confObjID>xcon:[email-masked]</confObjID>
        <operation>update</operation>
        <ccmp:userRequest>
          <userInfo>
            <info:roles>
              <info:entry>chair</info:entry>
            </info:roles>
          </userInfo>
        </ccmp:userRequest>
    </ccmpRequest>
  </ccmp:ccmpRequest>

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
  <ccmp:ccmpRequest xmlns:info="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:conference-info"
        xmlns:ccmp="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xcon:ccmp"
        xmlns:xcon="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xcon-conference-info">
    <ccmpRequest xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
       xsi:type="ccmp:ccmp-user-request-message-type">
        <confUserID>xcon-userid:[email-masked]</confUserID>
        <confObjID>xcon:[email-masked]</confObjID>
        <operation>update</operation>
        <ccmp:userRequest>
          <userInfo>
            <info:roles>
              <info:entry>participant</info:entry>
            </info:roles>
          </userInfo>
        </ccmp:userRequest>
    </ccmpRequest>
  </ccmp:ccmpRequest>

Again, thanks for all your hard work over the past six years. I am quite 
proud that we have reached the point where my final email as chair can 
contain (mostly) valid protocol messages based on our ultimate milestone.

/a