Subject: [XCON] BFCP over UDP

From: "Roni Even" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 15:36:42 +0300

Hi,

I reviewed the individual draft draft-sandbakken-xcon-bfcp-udp-00 which have
expired. I find that this proposal important  in order to work in
environments where TCP will fail because of FW/NWT traversal issues and
would like to see an update to the draft that will address the security
issue probably using DTLS. The draft should also address the issue of
fragmentation. 

The use case is for supporting token based presentation and the assumption
is that the information will be small so the fragmentation will be less
critical.

Roni Even

---

From: Lorenzo Miniero <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 11:33:21 +0200

Hi Roni,

I also think this would be a very useful solution to have, and would
support a new document addressing the UDP case. For what concerns
fragmentation, however, this is probably an orthogonal issue, since in
my opinion it may affect the BFCP/TCP as well.

When working on the implementation of the protocol, in fact, we noticed
how large BFCP messages could easily become, and so I raised this issue
on the ML:

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/xcon/current/msg01920.html

but it didn't seem to gather much interest at the time. Anyway, if
anyone is interested in working on this in the future (be it as part of
a potential new BFCP/UDP document or somewhere else), I'd be glad to
cooperate.

Lorenzo

On Sun, 6 Sep 2009 15:36:42 +0300

-- 
Lorenzo Miniero <[email-masked]>