Subject: [xmpp] [Fwd: advice to protocols using IDNA]

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 15:33:20 -0600

As sent to the IDNAbis list...

- -------- Original Message --------
Subject: advice to protocols using IDNA
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 15:22:54 -0600
From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

XMPP uses IDNA2003 (see RFC 3920). We are working on revisions to our
core specifications (see draft-ietf-xmpp-3920bis) and one of the sticky
issues is what to do about internationalized domain names. Has the
IDNAbis WG produced a succinct set of recommendations that can be
followed by using protocols? That would be extremely helpful for those
of us in application-land who are not versed in the ways of IDNA.

Thanks!

Peter

_______________________________________________
Idna-update mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.alvestrand.no/mailman/listinfo/idna-update