Subject: Re: [xmpp] Proposed WG Item: Server-to-Server Connection Reuse

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 19:31:33 -0400

Sean Turner wrote:
> The following ID has been proposed as WG item to aid the WG by
> enumerating the requirements for Server-to-Server Connection Reuse and
> is aimed at completing our 1st milestone in March 2010:
> 
>  Title     : Multiplexing of Connections between Extensible Messaging
>              and Presence Protocol (XMPP) Servers Using Transport Layer
>              Security (TLS)
>  Author(s) : J. Hildebrand, P. Saint-Andre
>  Filename  : draft-hildebrand-xmpp-tls-multiplexing-00.txt
>  Pages     : 5
>  Date      : 2009-05-08
> 
> A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hildebrand-xmpp-tls-multiplexing-00.txt 
> 
> 
> Please indicate whether or not you believe this is a good place start.
> Note: if you indicate it is not, please provide rationale and alternatives.
> 
> spt
> co-chair xmpp wg

There has been little traffic on the WG adoption of this as a WG work
item.  Have people read this draft?  Is the problem statement clear or
is there anything that is missing?  Is the requirements list complete?

spt

---

From: Philipp Hancke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 17:24:52 +0200

> is there anything that is missing?  Is the requirements list complete?

There was some discussion on the [email-masked] list before that
draft was written:
http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards/2009-April/021853.html
http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards/2009-May/021882.html

The problem statement is clear. The requirements are a little too
in-depth, but that is ok for a first draft.

philipp