Subject: [xmpp] [Fwd: I-D Action:draft-hartke-xmpp-stupid-00.txt]

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 2009 15:26:38 -0600

I just saw this come across the InterWebs. It has "xmpp" in the name so
I figured it might be of interest here...

/psa

- -------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action:draft-hartke-xmpp-stupid-00.txt
Date: Sun,  5 Jul 2009 14:00:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : STUN/TURN using PHP in Despair
	Author(s)       : K. Hartke, C. Bormann
	Filename        : draft-hartke-xmpp-stupid-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2009-07-05

NAT (Network Address Translator) Traversal may require TURN
(Traversal Using Relays around NAT) functionality in certain cases
that are not unlikely to occur.  There is little incentive to deploy
TURN servers, except by those who need them -- who may not be in a
position to deploy a new protocol on an Internet-connected node, in
particular not one with deployment requirements as high as those of
TURN.

"STUN/TURN using PHP in Despair" is a highly deployable protocol for
obtaining TURN-like functionality, while also providing the most
important function of STUN.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hartke-xmpp-stupid-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/