Subject: [xmpp] 3920bis: service name registration

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 20:34:04 -0700

Despite the fact that RFC 3920 mentions _xmpp-client._tcp and
_xmpp-server._tcp DNS SRV records, it did not request registration of
any service names with the IANA in accordance with RFC 952, for
inclusion in the following registry:

http://www.iana.org/assignments/service-names

I shall follow up with the IANA about this to see if we need to update
the IANA Considerations of draft-ietf-xmpp-3920bis...

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Joe Hildebrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 03:00:03 -0700

I would suggest waiting until draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-ports is done before
wading too far in on this.  It's almost done, and changes how SRV
registrations are done; we may also get them grandfathered in due to our
port registrations.

-- 
Joe Hildebrand

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 10:02:25 +0000

>registrations are done; we may also get them grandfathered in due to our
I was just about to suggest the same.
Note that I will be the sponsoring AD for draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-ports, 
so please ping me if you need more information.

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 08:54:39 -0700

> I was just about to suggest the same.

Oh yes, I was definitely going to wait until there was consensus on the
go-forward approach to registration. I just didn't want to forget about
this issue. :)

> so please ping me if you need more information.

Will do.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/