Subject: [xmpp] Announcing the XMPP WG

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 16:11:22 +0900

This message is intended to help participants prepare for the XMPP WG at 
IETF 76.

Date: November 11, 2009

Time: 13:00-15:00 local time
       04:00-06:00 UTC

(Note: this is the evening of November 10 in North America!)

Building:
    ANA Crowne Plaza Hiroshima Hotel
    7-20 Nakamachi, Naka-ku
    Hiroshima 730-0037 JAPAN
    Tel: +81 82-241-1111
    http://www.anacrowneplaza-hiroshima.jp/en/

Room:
    Orchid East
    http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/76/venue/?room=cattleya-east

Description:

The Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP) is an technology 
for the near-real-time exchange of messages and presence notifications, 
where data is exchanged over Extensible Markup Language (XML) streams. 
The original XMPP working group published RFCs 3920-3923.  At IETF 76, 
the XMPP WG will discuss revision to the published RFCs as well as 
solutions for end-to-end and server-to-server security solutions.

Agenda:
    http://tools.ietf.org/wg/xmpp/agenda?item=agenda76.html

Audio:
    http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/ietf764.m3u

Chat Room:
    xmpp:xmpp at jabber.ietf.org?join

Chat Logs:
    http://www.ietf.org/jabber/logs/xmpp/

Charter:
    http://www.ietf.org/dyn/wg/charter/xmpp-charter.html

WG documents:
    http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-xmpp-e2e-requirements-00.txt
    http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-xmpp-3920bis-03.txt
    http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-xmpp-3920bis-03.txt

Proposed WG documents:
    http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hildebrand-dna-00

Mailing list archives:
    http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/xmpp

Chairs: Joe Hildebrand and Sean Turner

Responsible AD: Robert Sparks