Subject: [xmpp] 3921bis - minor typos or wordsmithings

From: Kevin Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 17:43:53 +0100

Minor typos:

2. s/this/these/

2.1.2.5. s/be interpreted/be interpreted as/ ?

2.3.3 not-acceptable 1. s/value/length/ ? Also not-acceptable 3

2.6.3 Talks about 'If the client's session ends before it receives all
of the interim roster pushes' - after just saying that it's impossible
to to tell if it's an interim roster push, and even if you could you
wouldn't know when you'd had all of them.

/K

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 03:52:47 -0600

[Typed while in transit, delivery will be delayed.]

> 2. s/this/these/

Isn't "data" singular by now? I'm happy to change "data" to
"information" in order to satisfy those who are picky about Latin plurals...

> 2.1.2.5. s/be interpreted/be interpreted as/ ?

Fixed.

> 2.3.3 not-acceptable 1. s/value/length/ ? 

Fixed.

> Also not-acceptable 3

In point 3 I changed "greater" to "larger".

> wouldn't know when you'd had all of them.

Wordsmithed to:

   The client MUST handle an "interim roster push" in the same way it
   handles any roster push (indeed, from the client's perspective it
   cannot tell the difference between an "interim" roster push and a
   "live" roster push and therefore it has no way of knowing when it has
   received all of the interim roster pushes).  When requesting the
   roster after reconnection, the client SHOULD request the version
   associated with the last roster push it received during its previous
   session, not the version associated with the roster result it
   received at the start of its previous session.

/psa

---

From: Kevin Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 15:24:49 +0100

>   received at the start of its previous session.

Better, ta.

/K