Subject: [xmpp] 3921bis - Re-using streams.

From: Kevin Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 16:37:16 +0100

8.2 Seems to be suggesting (MUST) that it's not allowed to have two
streams open to the same peer. How does this sit with clustering and
virtual hosting?

/K

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 05:36:03 -0600

[Typed while in transit, delivery will be delayed.]

> streams open to the same peer. How does this sit with clustering and

Good point. It's not appropriate for this specification to say when an
entity must or must not initiate a stream.

Modified as follows:

   If there exists an
   active stream between the two peers, then the server SHOULD route the
   stanza over that stream for processing by the peer server; if not,
   then the server SHOULD proceed as follows.

/psa

---

From: Kevin Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 15:40:00 +0100

>   then the server SHOULD proceed as follows.

WFM.

/K