Subject: [xmpp] 3921bis - MUST start chat sessions with bare JID

From: Kevin Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 16:04:32 +0100

in 5.1, we have "The user's client MUST address the initial message in
a chat session to the bare JID". I suggest SHOULD instead - there are
plenty of cases where user knowledge means that they know the resource
they want to send to.

/K

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 04:03:38 -0600

[Typed while in transit, delivery will be delayed.]

> plenty of cases where user knowledge means that they know the resource

Or *think* they know. But I'm fine with SHOULD, because there might be
cases when the sender wants to chat with a particular resource (e.g.,
because it supports a particular XMPP extension).

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Kevin Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 15:23:35 +0100

> because it supports a particular XMPP extension).

Ta.

/K

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 13:38:12 +0200

>> because it supports a particular XMPP extension).

Provisionally changed to "SHOULD" in my working copy.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/