Subject: [xmpp] 3921bis - unlocking resources

From: Kevin Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 16:09:36 +0100

In 5.1, I buy the 'unlock whenever their presence changes on any
resource' thing. I'm less convinced by unbinding whenever a message is
received from a different resource - can someone explain to me why
this is needed, please?

/K

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 16:01:08 +0200

> received from a different resource - can someone explain to me why

One of our esteemed co-chairs probably has opinions about this, with his
individual contributor hat on. :) He's the author of something called
"Message Carbons"...

http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0280.html

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/