Subject: [xmpp] Fwd: Document Action: 'Moving DIGEST-MD5 to Historic' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-kitten-digest-to-historic-04.txt)

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 10:00:18 +0200

FYI. Keep working on those SCRAM implementations. :)

/psa

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Document Action: 'Moving DIGEST-MD5 to Historic' to
Informational RFC	(draft-ietf-kitten-digest-to-historic-04.txt)
Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 10:31:03 -0700
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
CC: kitten mailing list <[email-masked]>,	kitten chair
<[email-masked]>,	RFC Editor <[email-masked]>

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Moving DIGEST-MD5 to Historic'
  (draft-ietf-kitten-digest-to-historic-04.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Common Authentication Technology Next
Generation Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stephen Farrell and Sean Turner.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-kitten-digest-to-historic/

Technical Summary

The DIGEST-MD5 Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL)
mechanism has known security and interoperability problems. This
memo recommends that RFC 2831 be moved to Historic status, and that
the DIGEST-MD5 mechanism be marked as OBSOLETE in the IANA
Registry.

Working Group Summary

This document is a product of the SASL and KITTEN Working Groups
(which merged during the lifetime of the document).

Document Quality

This document passed a Working Group Last Call in the SASL and
KITTEN Working Groups with no major concerns.

Personnel

Tom Yu ([email-masked]) is the document shepherd
Stephen Farrell ([email-masked]) is the responsible AD.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce