Subject: [xmpp] Proposal of Jingle Web Cooperation

From: HIro Suzuki <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 15:17:00 +0900

Hello all,

I submitted a I-D (draft-suzuki-web-jingle-00.txt) at 28h, Feb. This I-D
describes Jingle extension to cooperate Web Browser, and this I-D is actually
the same as "draft-suzuki-rtcweb-jingle-web-00.txt"

This proposals in this ID is almost same as first half of my "Anoter
MUJI" proposal in the last XMPP Summit. But I think IETF XMPP WG participants
are different from XMPP Summit participants, and in the last XMPP Summit,
I didn't talk about my proposal in front of the whole Summit participants.
In this I-D, I made one change to signal layout information from My proposal
at the Summit, because HTML5/CSS/JavaScript syntax isn't conformed to XML
syntax, and propose two mapping manner between Jingle contents and HTML/DOM
elements.

I know the discussion about realtime communication with Web bowser had begun
at RTCWeb/WebRTC WGs, and I'd like to adapt my proposal to fit the draft of
RTCWeb/WebRTC spec.

I think cooperation with XMPP and Web has many potentials, it's not limited to
video or audio communication only. Web can mix and display various information,
so I'd like to submit my other proposals (MUJI extension to cooperate Web and
PubSub extension to cooperate Web, etc) introduced at the XMPP Summit as I-Ds
after Paris meeting.

I'd like to apply xmpp to many realtime services, and I'd like to realize
easy-programable realtime service platform.

Best Regards,
Yoshihiro Suzuki

---

From: HIro Suzuki <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 01:10:31 +0900

Hi, 

FYI, abstract of I-D is as follows,

--
   XMPP Jingle specification defines an XMPP protocol extension for
   managing peer-to-peer media sessions between two users. And XMPP
   Jingle can manage multi contents simultaneously in one Jingle
   stream, but in the XMPP world there is no common way to layout
   variable multi contents on each display. In this document, a
   solution to this issue is provided by using Web browser's layout
   function.

   This document describes a new concept to realize one of solutions
   of RTCWeb. Of course, "Web Browser" is used for Web application's
   frontend for real-time communication, and XMPP Jingle specification
   (XEP-166) is used as signaling protocol. And a simple mapping
   manner between jingle contents and HTML graphical elements enables
   to unite Web browser's layout function and Jingle's media content
   management function to realize RTCWeb functions.
---

I welcome any opinion and suggestion.

Cheers,
Hiro