Subject: [xmpp] host-unknown stream error example in rfc 6120

From: Philipp Hancke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 09:11:01 +0100

the example for the host-unknown stream error is quite odd
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6120#section-4.9.1.3

What the example describes is that a client opens a stream
           from=[email-masked]'
           to='unknown.host.example.com'
and gets a response stream
           from='im.example.com'
           to=[email-masked]'

The example is technically correct.

However, since xmpp clients typically only talk to their server, it does 
not make sense for [email-masked] to open a stream to any other 
server than im.example.com. Copy-paste lazyness presumably ;-)

I suggest changing the initial stream header to
           from=[email-masked]'
           to='im.example.com'
and the response stream header to
           from=''
           to=[email-masked]'
i.e. juliet attempts to contact her server and it has gone away. 
Actually, the host-gone stream error seems like a better example for 
that section. The strategy of avoiding the from/to swap certainly 
applies to that error as well.