Subject: [xmpp] Fwd: Last Call: <draft-ivov-xmpp-cusax-06.txt> (CUSAX: Combined Use of the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP)) to Informational RFC

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 10:01:49 -0600

FYI.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Last Call: <draft-ivov-xmpp-cusax-06.txt> (CUSAX: Combined Use
of the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and the Extensible Messaging
and Presence Protocol (XMPP)) to Informational RFC
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 08:59:49 -0700
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:
- 'CUSAX: Combined Use of the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and the
   Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP)'
  <draft-ivov-xmpp-cusax-06.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-07-16. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes suggested practices for combined use of the
   Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and the Extensible Messaging and
   Presence Protocol (XMPP).  Such practices aim to provide a single
   fully featured real-time communication service by using complementary
   subsets of features from each of the protocols.  Typically such
   subsets would include telephony capabilities from SIP and instant
   messaging and presence capabilities from XMPP.  This specification
   does not define any new protocols or syntax for either SIP or XMPP.
   However, implementing the practices outlined in this document may
   require modifying or at least reconfiguring existing client and
   server-side software.  Also, it is not the purpose of this document
   to make recommendations as to whether or not such combined use should
   be preferred to the mechanisms provided natively by each protocol
   (for example, SIP's SIMPLE or XMPP's Jingle).  It merely aims to
   provide guidance to those who are interested in such a combined use.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ivov-xmpp-cusax/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ivov-xmpp-cusax/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.