Subject: Re: [xmpp] 6122bis: leading and trailing whitespace

From: Kevin Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 17:24:15 +0100

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 12:32 AM, Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]> wrote:
>        the ASCII space character at the beginning or end of a nickname)
>        MUST be removed (e.g., "stpeter " is mapped to "stpeter").
>
> It seems like good advice in general for resourceparts. Does anyone have objections to adding it?

Not I.

/K

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 14:32:37 -0600

>> It seems like good advice in general for resourceparts. Does anyone have objections to adding it?

Thanks for the feedback.

I *think* 6122bis is done -- we're waiting on the PRECIS framework to be
completed, but it too is getting close.

One thing I still need to do is compare the output of (1) the stringprep
profiles from RFC 6122 against Unicode 3.2, with (2) the PRECIS profiles
from 6122bis against Unicode 6.2. Now that I have some code that mostly
works, I'll do that soon.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/