Subject: [xrblock] Fwd: NomCom 2012-2013: Second Call for Volunteers

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 02:13:25 +0200

If you are eligible please consider volunteering for this important task
for the whole IETF community. 

Dan

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: NomCom 2012-2013: Second Call for Volunteers
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 13:06:04 -0700
From: NomCom Chair <[email-masked]>
To: IETF Announcement List <[email-masked]>

The NomCom 2012-2013 Call for Volunteers has now passed its halfway
point. Therefore, if you are considering volunteering to participate in
the 2012-2013 NomCom, please do so soon.

General information on this year's NomCom (including a list of positions
to be filled) can be found at: https://www.ietf.org/nomcom/2012/

The success of the NomCom process depends on randomly selecting a
committee that is a representative sample of the our community. We
endeavor to have a NomCom reflecting the diversity of experience and
viewpoints that is our community's greatest strength. However, to
achieve this goal we must have the largest possible pool of volunteers
that from throughout the IETF community.

I am pleased to report that we have had a strong initial response to the
First Call for Volunteers, with 74 qualified individuals agreeing to
volunteer their time. I greatly appreciate the generosity and commitment
to our community exhibited by all of these individuals. However, the
pool of volunteers is not yet as diverse as it should be to reflect the
breadth of our community with regards to nationality, gender and
organizational affiliation. Therefore, I would especially encourage to
volunteer those individuals whose participation would increase the
diversity of our volunteer pool.

If you have volunteered before 12:00 noon UTC on July 24, 2012 and you
have not received a confirmation email from me, then an error has
occurred and I would request that you resend your email.

Details on how to volunteer can be found at the end of this message. To
summarize, please volunteer by sending me an email containing your name,
affiliation, and the email address you use to register for IETF
meetings.

The 74 qualified individuals who have so far volunteered are listed 
below.   I apologize for any errors in this list, please notify me of 
any errors as soon as possible.

Sam Aldrin, Huawei
Ignas Bagdonas, Cisco
Lou Berger, LabN Consulting
Randy Bush, IIJ
Dennis Cai, Cisco
Daniele Ceccarelli, Ericsson
Gang Chen, China Mobile
Andras Csaszar, Ericsson
Hui Deng, China Mobile
Keith Drage, Alcatel-Lucent
John Drake, Juniper
Donald Eastlake, Huawei
Charles Eckel, Cisco
Mehmet Ersue, Nokia Siemens Networks
Miguel Garcia, Ericsson
Eric Gray, Ericsson
Wassim Haddad, Ericsson
Stephen Hanna, Juniper
Sam Hartman, Painless Security
Jia He, Huawei
Giles Heron, Cisco
Paul Hoffman, VPN Consortium
Christer Holmberg, Ericsson
Fangwei Hu, ZTE
Andrew Hutton, Siemens Enterprise Communications Cullen Jennings, Cisco
Yuanlong Jiang, Huawei Sheng Jiang, Huawei Lizhong Jin, ZTE Stephen
Kent, BBN Ari Keranen, Ericsson Ning Kong, CNNIC Jouni Korhonen, Nokia
Siemens Networks Mirja Kuehlewind, University of Stuttgart Eliot Lear,
Cisco Hongyu Li, Huawei Guoman Liu, ZTE Wenhu Lu, Ericsson Yuxia Ma, ZTE
Andrew Malis, Verizon Terry Manderson, ICANN Scott Mansfield, Ericsson
Luca Martini, Cisco David Meyer, Cisco Monique Morrow, Cisco Thomas
Nadeau, Juniper Karen O'Donoghue, Internet Society Borje Ohlman,
Ericsson Keyur Patel, Cisco Teemu Savolainen, Nokia Benson Schliesser,
Juniper John Scudder, Juniper Karen Seo, BBN Arturo Servin, LACNIC Shuo
(Sean) Shen, CNNIC David Sini, Ericsson Haibin Song, Huawei Tom Taylor,
PT Taylor Consulting Pascal Thubert, Cisco Mark Townsley, Cisco Tina
Tsou, Huawei Bill VerSteeg, Cisco Thomas Walsh, Juniper Yinxing Wei, ZTE
Stephan Wenger, Vidyo Magnus Westerlund, Ericsson Steven White,
Alcatel-Lucent Qin (Bill) Wu, Huawei Leaf Yeh, Huawei Lixia Zhang, UCLA
Zhaohui (Jeff) Zhang, Juniper Yi Zhao, Huawei Qian (Cathy) Zhou, Huawei
Ning Zong, Huawei

To be eligible, volunteers for the nomcom need to have attended 3 of the
past 5 IETF meetings as of the time this announcement goes out. That is,
3 meetings from IETF 79 (Beijing) - IETF 83 (Paris). If you qualify, and
if you will not be seeking appointment to any of the open positions that
this nomcom will be filling, please consider volunteering.

The primary activity for this nomcom will begin in August 2012 and
should be completed in January 2013. The nomcom will be collecting
requirements from the community, as well as talking to candidates and
obtaining feedback from community members about candidates. There will
be regularly scheduled conference calls to ensure progress. Thus, being
a nomcom member does require some time commitment.

Please volunteer by sending an email before 11:59 pm EDT (UTC - 4 hours)
August 5, 2012 as follows:

To: [email-masked]
Subject: Nomcom 2012-13 Volunteer

Please include the following information in the body:

<Your Full Name>  // As you enter in the IETF Registration Form,
                     // First/Given name followed by Last/Family Name
<Current Primary Affiliation>
                 // typically what goes in the Company field
                 //  in the IETF Registration Form [<all email addresses
used to Register for the past 5 IETF meetings>] <Preferred email
address>  //
<Telephone number>         // For confirmation if selected

Please expect an email response from me within 3 business days stating
whether or not you are qualified.  If you don't receive a response,
please re-send your email with the tag "RESEND:" added to the subject
line.

If you are not yet sure you would like to volunteer, please consider
that nomcom members play a very important role in shaping the leadership
of the IETF.  Ensuring the leadership of the IETF is fair and balanced
and comprised of those who can lead the IETF in the right direction is
an important responsibility that rests on the IETF participants at
large. Volunteering for the nomcom is a good way of contributing toward
that goal.

I will be publishing a more detailed timetable for nomcom activities, as
well as details of the randomness seeds to be used for the RFC 3797
selection process, within the next couple days.

Thank you,
Matthew Lepinski
[email-masked] (or [email-masked])