Subject: [xrblock] RFC 6798 on RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) Block for Packet Delay Variation

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 11:50:33 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6798

        Title:      RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended 
                    Report (XR) Block for Packet Delay 
                    Variation Metric Reporting
        Author:     A. Clark, Q. Wu
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      13
        Characters: 26901
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-pdv-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6798.txt

This document defines an RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report
(XR) block that allows the reporting of packet delay variation
metrics for a range of RTP applications.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Metric Blocks for use with RTCPs Extended Report Framework Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC