Subject: [xrblock] Protocol Action: 'RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) Block for De-Jitter Buffer Metric Reporting' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-jb-14.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 10:37:05 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) Block for De-Jitter
   Buffer Metric Reporting'
  (draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-jb-14.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Metric Blocks for use with RTCP's
Extended Report Framework Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Gonzalo Camarillo and Richard Barnes.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-jb/

Technical Summary

This document defines an RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report
(XR) Block that allows the reporting of Jitter Buffer metrics for a
range of RTP applications.

Working Group Summary

The WG path of this document was reasonably short and efficient.
Several technical comments were made during the reviews and all were
resolved with consensus.

Document Quality

At least one vendor has implemented this draft in the lab. It is expected that
with the approval of this document the number of implementations will increase.

Personnel

Dan Romascanu is the Document Shepherd. 
Gonzalo Camarillo is the Responsible Area Director.