Subject: [xrblock] Protocol Action: 'RTCP XR Report Block for Concealment metrics Reporting on Audio Applications' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-loss-conceal-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 16:04:49 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'RTCP XR Report Block for Concealment metrics Reporting on Audio
   Applications'
  (draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-loss-conceal-12.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Metric Blocks for use with RTCP's
Extended Report Framework Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alissa Cooper and Richard Barnes.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-loss-conceal/

Technical Summary

This draft defines two new block types to augment those defined in
[RFC3611] for use in a range of RTP applications. The new block types
supports the reporting of concealment metrics for audio applications of RTP.

Working Group Summary

There were several points of debate within the working group; however,
none were particularly rough and authors and commentators came up
with the text that resolves any issues thus consensus was achieved in
all cases.

Document Quality

This document has been reviewed by numerous people within
XRBLOCK through two rounds of WGLCs and in AVT WG where
the draft previously belonged. The document resolved any
outstanding issues.

The document has been reviewed by SDP directorate post WGLC
for SDP extensions defined, any issues raised were resolved.

The document has been reviewed by PM-DIR and the OPS directorate as well.

Personnel

Shida Schubert is the Document Shepherd.
Alissa Cooper is the Responsible Area Director.