Subject: [xrblock] Protocol Action: 'RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) Block for MPEG2 Transport Stream (TS) Program Specific Information (PSI) Decodability Statistics Metrics reporting' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-psi-decodability-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 08:12:26 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) Block for MPEG2
   Transport Stream (TS) Program Specific Information (PSI)
   Decodability Statistics Metrics reporting'
  (draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-psi-decodability-07.txt) as Proposed
Standard

This document is the product of the Metric Blocks for use with RTCP's
Extended Report Framework Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alissa Cooper and Richard Barnes.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-psi-decodability/

Technical Summary:

An MPEG2 Transport Stream (TS) is a standard container format used in
the transmission and storage of multimedia data. Unicast/Multicast
MPEG2 TS over RTP is widely deployed in IPTV systems. This document
defines an RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) Block
that allows the reporting of MPEG2 TS decodability statistics metrics
related to transmissions of MPEG2 TS over RTP. The metrics specified
in the RTCP XR Block are related to Program specific information
carried in MPEG TS.

Working Group Summary:

The document was reviewed by the key contributors in the WG, and the 
comments were addressed accordingly.

Document Quality:

MPEG2 is a mature and widely deployed technology. The document was 
reviewed by Christer Holmberg for the SDP directorate. At least one 
contributor expressed the intentions of his employer to implement the 
future RFC.

Personnel:

Dan Romascanu is the Document Shepherd. Alissa Cooper is the Responsible 
Area Director.