Subject: [xrblock] [Errata Held for Document Update] RFC6958 (4524)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 13:43:03 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been held for document update 
for RFC6958, "RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) Block for Burst/Gap Loss Metric Reporting". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6958&eid=4524

--------------------------------------
Status: Held for Document Update
Type: Technical

Reported by: Varun Singh <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2015-11-06
Held by: Alissa Cooper (IESG)

Section: 3.2

Original Text
-------------
  Number of Bursts: 16 bits

    The number of bursts in the period of the report (Interval or
    Cumulative).

    The measured value is an unsigned value.  If the measured value
    exceeds 0xFFFD, the value 0xFFFE MUST be reported to indicate
    an over-range measurement.  If the measurement is unavailable,
    the value 0xFFFF MUST be reported.

Corrected Text
--------------
  Number of Bursts: 12 bits

    The number of bursts in the reporting period (Interval or
    Cumulative).

    The measured value is an unsigned value.  If the measured value
    exceeds 0xFFD, the value 0xFFE MUST be reported to indicate
    an over-range measurement.  If the measurement is unavailable,
    the value 0xFFF MUST be reported.

Notes
-----
This was discussed on the mailing list after the Prague meeting and agreed at the Yokohama meeting.

--------------------------------------
RFC6958 (draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-burst-gap-loss-12)
--------------------------------------
Title               : RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) Block for Burst/Gap Loss Metric Reporting
Publication Date    : May 2013
Author(s)           : A. Clark, S. Zhang, J. Zhao, Q. Wu, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Metric Blocks for use with RTCPs Extended Report Framework RAI
Area                : Real-time Applications and Infrastructure
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG