Subject: [xrblock] Extended Last Call: <draft-ietf-xrblock-independent-burst-gap-discard-02.txt> (RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) Block for Independent Reporting of Burst/Gap Discard Metric) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 10:15:00 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Metric Blocks for use with
RTCP's Extended Report Framework WG (xrblock) to consider the following
document:
- 'RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report (XR) Block for Independent
   Reporting of Burst/Gap Discard Metric'
  <draft-ietf-xrblock-independent-burst-gap-discard-02.txt> as Proposed
Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-08-01. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines an RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) Extended Report
   (XR) block that allows the reporting of burst and gap discard metrics
   independently of the burst and gap loss metrics for use in a range of
   RTP applications.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-xrblock-independent-burst-gap-discard/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-xrblock-independent-burst-gap-discard/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.