Subject: Re: [yaco-idsubmit-tool] minor comment on idsubmit

From: "Emilio A. Sánchez López" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 09:15:38 +0100

El 28/02/11 04:05, Tony Hansen escribió:
> 1) The "Upload" button does not look like it's active, but instead looks
> like it is grayed out and not clickable.
>
> Suggestion: have the button start out looking clickable. If javascript
> is enabled, on page load, disable the button. When the text file field
> is filled in, enable the button.

    You are right, that button style is pretty far from how a button may 
looks like. I'm going to fix it.

> 2) if you click on the Upload button without filling in an text file,
> you get a rather unusable message.

    It seems a bug, if you don't fill the text file input the form must 
warn you. I'm going to fix this one too.

> 3) If you click Upload on a draft, but it gives idnits errors, you are
> then blocked from uploading another version of the document with the
> same name. The error message says "Please correct the errors below.
> Duplicate Internet-Draft submission is currently in process", but
> there's no way to correct the error.

    If you get idnits errors you have two options:

    * Request a manual post from the secretariat using the 'Adjust 
metadata' button
    * Cancel the submission

    If you don't choose any of these option you can not resend the same 
draft cause previous submission is still on hold.

    I think that could be a good idea to include a link to the previous 
submission in the message that says "Duplicate Internet-Draft submission 
is currently in process" so you can cancel it if suitable.

    Best,

> Tony Hansen
> _______________________________________________
> yaco-idsubmit-tool mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/yaco-idsubmit-tool

-- 
Emilio A. Sánchez
[email-masked]

---

From: "Emilio A. Sánchez López" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 09:37:30 +0100

Hi,

    The fixes are done [1] and the beta server has been updated with the 
last changes.

    Thanks Tony for your comments.

    Regards,

[1] http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/ticket/603

El 01/03/11 09:15, "Emilio A. Sánchez López" escribió:
> It seems a bug, if you don't fill the text file input the form must warn
> you. I'm going to fix this one too.
>
> * Request a manual post from the secretariat using the 'Adjust metadata'
> button
> * Cancel the submission
>

-- 
Emilio A. Sánchez
[email-masked]