Subject: [yam] draft template for YAM early IESG review v2

From: Chris Newman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 15:38:38 +0200

Based on feedback at the meeting, here's a slightly revised template:

--------
The YAM WG has made a preliminary evaluation of the following document for 
advancement from draft to full standard and is considering spending time 
working on it:

Title:
Link:  http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc<number>
Date published:

Confidence document meets RFC 2026 section 4.1.3 (Standard) test:
  ...

Link to draft standard interop report:
  ...

Proposed Changes (the WG proposes making the following changes in a 
revision):
  ...

Non-Changes (the WG discussed and chose not to make the following changes):
  ...

Downrefs (At full standard, the following references would be downrefs):
  ...

The YAM WG requests feedback from the IESG on this decision.  In particular:
1. Does the IESG believe the proposed changes are suitable during a move
   from draft to full standard?
2. Does the IESG believe any other proposed changes are necessary to
   satisfy IESG requirements to advance to full standard?
3. Does the IESG consider the downrefs acceptable for a full standard?
--------

Alexey recommended putting this template in an internet-draft so it can be 
processed as part of the main IESG document stream.  As a refinement to 
that, I suggest we just post the template to the WG list for a 1-week 
consensus call (primarily on the proposed changes / non-changes and 
decision to do the work) and then a WG chair (or WG secretary if one is 
appointed) will put the template into an I-D and pass to Alexey.

		- Chris