Subject: [yang-doctors] ietf yang toplevel node names

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2017 09:42:49 +0100

Hi,

here is what I compiled today since I needed an overview:

  -rw interfaces            ietf-interfaces         RFC 7223
  -rw ipfix                 ietf-ipfix-psamp        RFC 6728
  -rw key-chains            ietf-key-chain          RFC 8177
  -rw lmap                  ietf-lmap-control       RFC 8194
  -ro modules-state         ietf-yang-library       RFC 7895
  -rw nacm                  ietf-netconf-acm        RFC 6536
  -ro netconf-state         ietf-netconf-monitoring RFC 6022
  -rw routing               ietf-routing            RFC 8022
  -rw snmp                  ietf-snmp               RFC 7407
  -rw system                ietf-system             RFC 7317
  -ro system-state          ietf-system             RFC 7317

  -ro interfaces-state      ietf-interfaces         RFC 7223 (to be deprecated)
  -ro routing-state         ietf-routing            RFC 8022 (to be obsoleted)

If you ignore the -state nodes, things actually look reasonable.
Perhaps it makes sense to pay attention during YANG reviews what the
WGs choose as their toplevel nodes so that things look somewhat
reasonable. No, I am not interested in a discussion of a 'device
model' - just about making sure WGs and authors choose names that
somehow align with what we have.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1 | 28759 Bremen | Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>