Subject: Re: [yang-doctors] Round Robin algorithm of the Review tracking tool

From: "Mehmet Ersue" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 17:46:11 +0100

Dear All,

after some long testing and discussion with the Datatracker coding team I
came to the conclusion that the round robin algorithm currently provided is
usable for our purpose. There is though one shortcoming and a known bug of
the tool.

- Deadlines are set by the review requester and YANG secretary has no
ability to change or modify the deadline (ticket is pending). However based
on our process the usual deadline for Early Reviews is 3 weeks and for
reviews during IETF LC 2 weeks. In case an implausible deadline is set I am
informing the reviewer on the time he may use for the review.

- If an assigned review gets withdrawn the status of the assigned reviewer
is not cleared. In such a case I assign the reviewer manually.

I would like to inform you that following parameter in the user profile of a
reviewer influence the round robin algorithm and should be used carefully to
enable a fair and balanced working mode for the whole team:

- "Can review at most". This was set for all reviewers to "Once per month"
as a workaround for a tool bug. I am going to reset it now to a smaller
value.

- "Filter regexp". This is usually set to a plausible value like:
"^draft-(watsen|ietf-netmod|ietf-netconf)-.*$". I take care of such
exclusions even if the value is not set.

- "Skip next assignments" I would like to suggest to use this parameter only
if it is really necessary. As the team of YANG doctors is not huge it
influences the round robin algorithm substantially. If set to "1" a reviewer
gets assigned again after 2 rounds. Setting it to "2" would mean the
reviewer cannot be assigned a very long time.

BTW: This parameter has to be cleared manually. So please clear this value
if you wanted to skip only one single assignment.

- "Unavailable periods" I would like to recommend to use this parameter only
for a limited time period e.g. planned vacation times.

Thank you very much for your support to enable a fair review process for the
YANG Doctors team.

Cheers,

Mehmet

From: Mehmet Ersue 
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2017 10:35 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Gunter Van De Velde <[email-masked]>
Subject: Round Robin algorithm of the Review tracking tool

Dear All,

I have been told that the Round Robin algorithm of the Review tracking tool
does not work if the value "Can review at most" in a user account is not
set. Just to test the algorithm I have set this value for all user accounts
in YANG Doctors team (if it wasn't set).

Currently I maintain a round robin list with a table by myself.

After successful testing of the Round Robin algorithm of the tool I will
start using it.

Cheers,

Mehmet

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 09:00:15 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

How do I change my "skip" setting?  It is currently set to 2, for some
reason unknown to me, but I can't seem to change it.  I log in, go to
settings, where I can change review period etc, but not "skip".

/martin

---

From: MehmetErsue <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 12:26:46 +0100

Hi Martin,

after login in Datatracker on the left navigation bar click on "My reviews".
Go to the bottom of the page where you find the "Settings for YANG Doctors".
Click below on "Change settings".
There should be the edit box "Skip next assignments".

If you don't see it may be you can do it via:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/group/yangdoctors/reviewers/
where you could click on your name if it provides a link.

If nothing works I can do it for you on the reviewers page.

Thanks,
Mehmet

-- 
Cheers,
Mehmet

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 12:50:28 +0100 (CET)

> There should be the edit box "Skip next assignments".

There is no such box.

> where you could click on your name if it provides a link.

It takes me to the same settings, i.e. w/o the box for "skip".

(I can change all other settings though...)

> If nothing works I can do it for you on the reviewers page.

Please do.  It should be 0.

/martin

---

From: Mahesh Jethanandani <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 08:55:46 -0800

> On Nov 29, 2017, at 3:50 AM, Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> (I can change all other settings though…)

Ditto.

> _______________________________________________
> yang-doctors mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/yang-doctors

Mahesh Jethanandani
[email-masked]