Subject: [Yot] [core] Modelling links in CoMI (was: Using CoMI to change resource attributes)

From: Christian Amsüss <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2018 10:39:29 +0100

Hi Alexander,

On Wed, Jan 03, 2018 at 06:49:45PM +0100, Alexander Pelov wrote:
> We’ve had a go on modeling RD with CoMI. As you said, there are no
> difficulties in doing so. The important thing is to get a the right
> people around the table and see some more use-cases. We discussed it
> rapidly on our Yang of Things side meeting in Chicago.

are there any minutes of that? On the YoT list and the repo[1], I only
found Prague's.

The information model of the RD is intentionally close to that of typed
links (link headers / link-format). So far I've only encountered some
weak use cases for managing existing link-format resources (usually for
naming things, like the ins= example for DNS-SD or providing a title)
that would need to operate on the origin resource or its .w-k/c.
What were the discussed uses cases for describing the full RD?

> The one that you mention seems quite interesting to me. I thing the
> YoT could also be the right place to talk it over.

CC'd.

Best regards
Christian

[1]: https://github.com/Ixau/yot

-- 
To use raw power is to make yourself infinitely vulnerable to greater powers.
  -- Bene Gesserit axiom