Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-lsd-ldapv3-wp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 09:40:41 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the LDAP Service Deployment Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: A Minimum LDAPv3 White Pages Schema
	Author(s)	: C. Weider, T. Howes, C. Apple, M. Wahl
	Filename	: draft-ietf-lsd-ldapv3-wp-00.txt
	Pages		: 12
	Date		: 22-Dec-97
	
   Many different white pages schema proposals have been published for
   use in LDAPv3 as well as other directory service protocols.  While
   these proposals define schema elements that are indeed useful in the
   deployment of LDAPv3-based directory services, there are a few
   problems common to the set of such proposals currently available to
   implementors: inconsistent semantic and syntactic definitions of
   similar attributes across schema, little or no semantic extensibility
   of attribute definitions without changing source code for deployed
   implementations, lack of standard object class definitions for
   containing white pages meta schema elements, and lack of an attribute
   grouping method. This document defines an object class for holding
   IWPS attributes as mapped into existing and relatively few newly
   defined extensible attribute types.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-lsd-ldapv3-wp-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lsd-ldapv3-wp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lsd-ldapv3-wp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.