Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-lsd-nandi-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 11:11:34 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the LDAP Service Deployment Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Practical guidance for naming and interconnectivity
	Author(s)	: C. Weider, M. Wahl, A. Brown
	Filename	: draft-ietf-lsd-nandi-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 10-Apr-98
	
There are existing communities of LDAP, X.500 and Whois++ servers
on the Internet.  An LDAPv3 server can be a part of one of more of
these communities.  LDAP directory services would benefit from
reduced naming conflicts and increased ability to locate servers
and information both within LDAP islands and between LDAP and
other communities.  This document recommends guidelines for naming
and interconnection of LDAP servers to enable the existence of
communities of a loosely coupled LDAP-based directory service that
can leverage the X.500 knowledge model and the existing
infrastructure of names from the Domain Name System (DNS).  This
will facilitate the establishment of a global naming plan and the
interconnection of a global directory.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-lsd-nandi-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lsd-nandi-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-lsd-nandi-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.