Subject: [104attendees] Classical guitar music tonight, and then some

From: Charlie Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 05:17:30 -0700

Hello folks,

I'd like to invite you to hear some classical guitar music tonight at 
about 9:00pm in the IETF Lounge (Chez Louis).  I'll play for about 30 
minutes.  I have a couple of new tunes that I'll try out - one a nice 
arrangement of a lovely Beatles tune, and another high-powered piece 
from Villa-Lobos.  I'll probably need a beer before that one.

Also, I'd like to share the opportunity to hear music from Dave Taht and 
Lola Johnson, who have expressed interest in taking over the (non-)stage 
afterwards for some decidedly different musical entertainment.

I am hoping this will not be viewed as an inappropriate use of the IETF 
Lounge.  If other uses are planned, or if this is inappropriate use, 
please let me know and I'll look for another venue.  On the other hand, 
various nice long-term IETF attendees suggested to me that it would be 
just fine.

Harmoniously Yours,
Charlie P.

---

From: Dave Taht <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 06:34:02 -0700

In my case this is the "world premier" of a new version of

"One first landing - a song for spacex"

which I've been practicing diligently all week. I first wrote the
song after spacex had attempted 5 landing attempts of their first
stage, blowing up each in a spectacular fashion just moments before
making a good landing. I decided after that 5th failure, to write them
a cheer up song...

Wrote that, sent it, to my friends there...

Then they actually managed to start landing the first stages!

So I had to rewrite the darn song.

Then they managed to land two at the same time.... and I had to
rewrite the song *again*.

More recently they started trying to catch the shroud... and failing
spectacularly.

and I had to rewrite it yet again. Anyway, that's where things stand
with spacex and the song, and it's a singalong,
almost, but not quite, to the tune of "puff the magic dragon".

chorus:

"We tried rogallo wings, and other things
 and nitrogen tetroxide...
 when all I dreamed was of rockets landing
 with their engines flaming high!"

If anybody can do scott manley's accent? (I've had him sing on it a
couple times, I so totally can't do his accent even after getting it
on tape ), there's a stanza in the song about kerbal space program
simulations, as well.

and a few other more geeky, more rocking, tunes, than what charlie
normally does, as well as anything
else in our bag people want to hear. I cover two pink floyd tunes,

I have a harp

After we close the show there, the plan is to take off

---

From: Dave Taht <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2019 04:18:26 -0700

Thank you everyone for coming to our show!

If you got a good recording or video on your phone please upload to
somewhere and let us know where it is?