Subject: [104attendees] Correct Date/Time on Performance Implications of Path Characteristics (PIPC) brainstorming session.

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 17:28:27 +0100

I changed the date/time for a brainstorming session on PIPC while talking
to Aaron Falk last weekend and seem to have fat-fingered it, but just in
case I confused anyone,- *it's in the IETF Code Lounge at 18:20 on Thursday*
.

Thanks to Szilveszter Nádas for asking about this.

Spencer, who THOUGHT he was good at 24-hour time, but is not, given
sufficient sleep deprivation ...

8. Performance Implications of PATH Characteristics (PIPC)

Spencer Dawkins ([email-masked])

The PILC ("Performance Implications of Link Characteristics") working

group produced a number of BCPs providing guidance for protocol

designers working with links that were slow, error-prone, and

asymmetric, for subnetwork designers, and for Performance Enhancing

Proxies (PEPs), between 1999 and 2004.

Networks and protocols have changed significantly since 2004.

I believe it's time to revisit this topic, and to focus on PATH

characteristics, rather than first-hop link characteristics.

I'll be hosting a side meeting in the IETF Code Lounge at 16:20

on Thursday.

Slides:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/104/materials/slides-104-hotrfc-8-performance-implications-of-path-characteristics-pipc-00