Subject: [104attendees] A note from the ombudsteam on external incidents

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 09:27:04 +0100

>From time to time the ombudsteam gets word of incidents of harassment
involving IETF participants but which have occurred outside of IETF
contexts, such as at technical conferences or meetings of other
organizations. While those incidents have not taken place at an IETF
activity, IETF participants have nonetheless expressed concerns about
working with others who have engaged in such harassing behavior.  The
ombudsteam does not feel it can formally investigate or impose a remedy
as per RFC 7776 for such harassing behaviors, but we want the community
to be aware that we do take note of these reports for future reference.
We are always available to discuss issues of harassment and provide
advice and counsel, even if there is not a particular incident in the
IETF context for which we would take formal action. Please feel free to
come to us to discuss any concerns you have, either by finding one of us
at a meeting, or contacting us through email at [email-masked].

Allison, Melinda, and Pete

-- 
Software longa, hardware brevis

PGP key fingerprint  4F68 2D93 2A17 96F8 20F2
                     34C0 DFB8 9172 9A76 DB8F