Subject: [110attendees] Make meetings an object with a URL!

From: Watson Ladd <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2021 13:28:33 -0800

Dear attendees,

I've noticed that the urls for meetings in the ics point to agendas,
and have sometimes had trouble finding the Meetcho link for the
session I wanted to go as a result. Obviously in the past one couldn't
teleport to the location of the meeting by clicking, but it might be
worth making the session live at URL that has all the links.

Sincerely,
Watson Ladd
-- 
Astra mortemque praestare gradatim

---

From: Simon Hicks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2021 21:49:14 +0000

+1 Watson (love writing that as a Sherlock Holmes fan...)

But yes - jump on my calendar that has the meeting appointment in it, but
can't get to the meeting from it.  Have to go to my web browser and my
shortcut to the meeting agenda to find the meeting URL

The game is afoot?

Regards
Simon

On Tue, 9 Mar 2021 at 21:29, Watson Ladd <[email-masked]> wrote:

> 110attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/110attendees
>

---

From: Jim Reid <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2021 21:56:48 +0000

> On 9 Mar 2021, at 21:49, Simon Hicks <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> But yes - jump on my calendar that has the meeting appointment in it, but can't get to the meeting from it.  Have to go to my web browser and my shortcut to the meeting agenda to find the meeting URL

Tom Pusateri’s excellent IETFers app (iOS only?) has the URLs for each WG session, including the Meetecho link. OTOH I wouldn’t want to follow a WG from an iPhone.

---

From: Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 11:32:43 +0200

> worth making the session live at URL that has all the links.

Each of the agenda rows do have unique id you could use to jump into,
and the calendar description could include that. On the other hand we
could also including per session specific page for each agenda item
and add even more links to it.

The problem with those is that they quite often do not jump exactly on
the row you are trying to, depending on the browser, and where you are
on the page (i.e., you can't jump to the last line of the page as
browser tries to move that to top of the page, and can't etc). 

Now each row on agenda is getting bit crowded, as you have almost ten
icons for each row, and sometimes it is hard to remember what is what
and we make the acronym point to charter, and session name point to
meeting materials etc.

If we would create a separate page for each session in agenda then we
could lay out things better, as this one page would only have
information about one session. This would also perhaps make it easier
to navigate through in smaller devices.

I.e. calendar entries could have both link to specific row in form of

https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/agenda/#row-110-2021-03-08-mon-1300-sec-emu

and

https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/110/session/emu

This 2nd page is actually the one that contains links to agenda,
minutes, materials, associated drafts etc, but there is also links to
etherpad jabber, and meetecho recordings etc.

Currently that page is missing some of the links we have in agenda,
for example it does not direct link for joining the meetecho or audio
streams, but perhaps adding those informations to that page would make
it sufficient for this use.

Of course that does not work that nicely for working groups which have
multiple sessions during the week, as that page is shared between all
the sessions..

Anyways better make feature request in the tracker so someone will
remember to make this changes requested...

https://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/newticket
-- 
[email-masked]