Subject: [111attendees] New Email - Please kindly guide me, Thanks

From: Chukwuka Odele <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 03:01:17 +0100

Hello,

I was in the “dispatch” room .

I said I have a new technology to introduce to the world.

Never been used or deployed the way I’m presenting   It.

I was told by one of the participants or chair person to email “
[email-masked]” .

I hope that’s correct ☝️☝️☝️?

Thank you.
Best,
Chuks
-- 
Sent from my iPhone

---

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 22:40:29 -0400

Chuks,

The advice is probably correct.   You will probably have to
subscribe to that list before posting; see
<https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dispatch>

Also, to save a bit of time in the event that you have not
figured this out or been told about it already, the IETF really
has no way to deal with notes that indicate how new and
wonderful a technology or ideas are.  Generally, the best thing
to proceed is to prepare an Internet-Draft that describes the
technology in some detail and explains what you would like the
IETF to do with it.  Do note, however, that posting such a draft
(and registering for the meeting and participating in DISPATCH)
imposes obligations on you about intellectual property rights
that you should be sure you understand.  See
<https://www.ietf.org/about/participate/>,
<https://www.ietf.org/standards/ids/>, and the various materials
linked to from those pages for more information.

Good luck,
best,
   john

--On Tuesday, July 27, 2021 03:01 +0100 Chukwuka Odele
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hello,
> 
> 
> I was in the "dispatch" room .
> 
> Never been used or deployed the way I'm presenting   It.
> 
> I was told by one of the participants or chair person to email
> " [email-masked]" .
> 
> 
> I hope that's correct ☝️☝️☝️?
> 
> 
> Thank you.
> Best,
> Chuks

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 15:45:35 +1200

Chuks,

I think there is something we lack (at least in up to date form),
which is "How to write your first Internet-Draft". There are 
certainly some tutorials at https://www.ietf.org/about/participate/tutorials/
but I think anyone starting today should probably start with kramdown.
That minimises the amount of XML magic that you need to learn.

Amplifying what John said slightly, the first draft for a new idea
is not a sales document, but it does need to indicate the use case
(what technical gap is being filled) and the basic technical idea,
and then expand the technical details enough to satisfy people that
the idea is workable and secure. It's hard work.

A running prototype is always good, too.

If the way forward is eventually a working group, there are a lot
more tricks to learn (such as how to have a successful BOF,
see https://www.ietf.org/how/bofs/) but first you need to find
out if there are other people interested in the work. That's the
main purpose of the initial Internet-Draft and a discussion
with DISPATCH.

Regards
   Brian

---

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 01:47:43 -0400

Chuks,

Just to be sure there is no appearance of disagreement here, I
completely agree with everything Brian said below and appreciate
the additional explanation.  I might have said "start with
kramdown unless you are already familiar with SML and can find
an existing and fairly complete document for use as an example
or template" but, for most people, that amounts to the same
advice about kramdown that Brian gave.

   john

--On Tuesday, July 27, 2021 15:45 +1200 Brian E Carpenter
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> Chuks,
> 
> I think there is something we lack (at least in up to date
> form), which is "How to write your first Internet-Draft".
> There are  certainly some tutorials at
> https://www.ietf.org/about/participate/tutorials/ but I think
> anyone starting today should probably start with kramdown.
> Amplifying what John said slightly, the first draft for a new
> idea is not a sales document, but it does need to indicate the
> use case (what technical gap is being filled) and the basic
> technical idea, and then expand the technical details enough
> to satisfy people that the idea is workable and secure. It's
> hard work.
> 
> If the way forward is eventually a working group, there are a
> lot more tricks to learn (such as how to have a successful BOF,
> out if there are other people interested in the work. That's
> the main purpose of the initial Internet-Draft and a discussion
> with DISPATCH.
> 
> Regards
>    Brian

---

From: Chukwuka Odele <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 07:24:00 +0100

Thanks for the clarification.

Sent from my iPhone

---

From: "Salz, Rich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 11:59:44 +0000

*   I was told by one of the participants or chair person to email “[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>” .

If you are meant me, I said write up your idea and send it there.

---

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 10:31:54 -0500

Hello Folks,

I wonder how do you get audio on Gather.town? I can get video so far but no
audio?

Behcet

On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 7:00 AM Salz, Rich <rsalz=
[email-masked]> wrote:

>
>    - I was told by one of the participants or chair person to email “
>    [email-masked]” .
>
>
>
> 111attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/111attendees
>

---

From: Toerless Eckert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 18:26:31 +0200

I guess most of us do not have problems with audio, but i do remember
a few IETF ago a colleague who struggled and i think never figured it out.
Worse yet, he is an audio professional (will not name names ;-)) But
that might have been the issue, because his PC had some more complex USB
audio hardware.

Most often the problem seems to be that the browser needs to ask for
permission to use audio input device and somethimes the browser seems
to be preconfigured to deny, so the ask never shows up.

Most easily tested by looking for another run-in-browser application
that uses your microphone and check that that works successfully.
Trying the different browsers also helps. For me, Firefox is typically
easier for this problem than chrome.

Good luck
    Toerless

-- 
---
[email-masked]

---

From: "STARK, BARBARA H" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 18:52:22 +0000

> > I wonder how do you get audio on Gather.town? I can get video so far but no

I've sometimes had issues with gather.town audio in that I normally keep my device audio on "mute". I always have to remember to manually un-mute. I also make sure the audio input/output device I want to use is connected before I go to gather.town. 
Barbara