Subject: [111attendees] Future Internet Protocol Evolution - Side meeting - Tuesday 9am Pacific Time / 4pm UTC

From: Charlie Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 17:51:50 -0700

Hello folks,

We've got a pretty good line-up of interesting discussions for tomorrow 
morning (Pacific) / afternoon (UTC).  Please consider to come and join 
the discussion.  I will also make available links to the presentation 
materials by the time the meeting starts.  See the IETF 111 meeting wiki 
for details, or look for the WebEx link below.  Here is an abridged Agenda:·

·"Layer Independent Security Services" (Robert Moskowitz) (10 minutes)

Secure Communication needs to be uniformly available at all 
communication layers.Key Management is layer-independent as a consistent 
service with well defined APIs with appropriate security boundaries.A 
uniform security communications wrapper with specific use profiling is 
also provided.

=============================

·Mesh Callsign Service (Phillip Hallam-Baker) (10 minutes)

The Mathematical Mesh began as an attempt to make PKI easy to use and 
ended up redesigning public and private key infrastructure from the 
ground up applying threshold cryptography and notarized append only logs 
(blockchain) as the building blocks.

The Mesh Callsign registry emerged from an attempt to allow Mesh users 
to change service providers without switching costs. It was then 
realized that the same infrastructure could support a naming 
infrastructure for users and a key infrastructure that does not require 
trusted third parties.

===========================

·Hexa-X (Hannu Flinck) (10 minutes)

6G is projected to impose new network layer requirements.This 
presentation will outline the Hexa-X project and summarize network layer 
gaps and requirements, including the AI/ML components.

===========================

·Network programmability - (r)evolution of IP (Stefano Salsano) (10 minutes)

Presentation centering around IPv6 possibilities if given more freedom 
in header processing.Contract-based network layer.

==============================

    Here is the WebEx link:

https://fipe-580.my.webex.com/fipe-580.my/j.php?MTID=m5144cfc5522e1554c262e2aa1ba13aab 
<https://fipe-580.my.webex.com/fipe-580.my/j.php?MTID=m5144cfc5522e1554c262e2aa1ba13aab>

    Regards,

    Charlie P.

R