Subject: [16NG] I-D Action:draft-ietf-16ng-ipv4-over-802-dot-16-ipcs-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 15:00:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP over IEEE 802.16 Networks Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Transmission of IPv4 packets over IEEE 802.16's IP Convergence Sublayer
	Author(s)       : S. Madanapalli, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-16ng-ipv4-over-802-dot-16-ipcs-04.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2008-11-02

IEEE 802.16 is an air interface specification for wireless broadband
access.  IEEE 802.16 has specified multiple service specific
convergence sublayers for transmitting upper layer protocols.  The
packet CS (Packet Convergence Sublayer) is used for the transport of
all packet-based protocols such as Internet Protocol (IP), IEEE 802.3
(Ethernet) and IEEE 802.1Q (VLAN).  The IP-specific part of the
Packet CS enables the transport of IPv4 packets directly over the
IEEE 802.16 MAC.

This document specifies the frame format, the Maximum Transmission
Unit (MTU) and address assignment procedures for transmitting IPv4
packets over the IP-specific part of the Packet Convergence Sublayer
of IEEE 802.16.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-16ng-ipv4-over-802-dot-16-ipcs-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
16NG mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/16ng

---

From: "Samita Chakrabarti" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 16:59:25 -0800

Hi All,
We published this new version of draft 04 for IP CS. 

This version corrects the MTU default to 1500 bytes as requested by wg. We
had issues/concerns with Wimax deployment of 1400 bytes of MTU and we moved
the WiMax related comments in the appendix. Thus 1500 is the default MTU for
IP CS case as well and it can be modified through DHCP client option or
adherence to 802.16_REV2.

With this, authors believe that we close all the issues raised in the last
call and the draft is ready to move forward.

Regards,
-IP-CS draft co-authors

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2008 3:00 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [16NG] I-D Action:draft-ietf-16ng-ipv4-over-802-dot-16-ipcs-04.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP over IEEE 802.16 Networks Working Group
of the IETF.

	Title           : Transmission of IPv4 packets over IEEE 802.16's IP
Convergence Sublayer
	Author(s)       : S. Madanapalli, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-16ng-ipv4-over-802-dot-16-ipcs-04.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2008-11-02

IEEE 802.16 is an air interface specification for wireless broadband access.
IEEE 802.16 has specified multiple service specific convergence sublayers
for transmitting upper layer protocols.  The packet CS (Packet Convergence
Sublayer) is used for the transport of all packet-based protocols such as
Internet Protocol (IP), IEEE 802.3
(Ethernet) and IEEE 802.1Q (VLAN).  The IP-specific part of the Packet CS
enables the transport of IPv4 packets directly over the IEEE 802.16 MAC.

This document specifies the frame format, the Maximum Transmission Unit
(MTU) and address assignment procedures for transmitting IPv4 packets over
the IP-specific part of the Packet Convergence Sublayer of IEEE 802.16.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-16ng-ipv4-over-802-dot-16-ipc
s-04.txt

---

From: gabriel montenegro <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 03:01:14 -0800 (PST)

FYI, the chairs have just a message to WiMAX Forum's NWG chairs soliciting feedback on this draft.

----- Original Message ----
> From: Samita Chakrabarti <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: ext Gabriel Montenegro <[email-masked]>
> Sent: Sunday, November 2, 2008 4:59:25 PM
> Subject: [16NG] FW: I-D Action:draft-ietf-16ng-ipv4-over-802-dot-16-ipcs-04.txt
> 
> Hi All,