Subject: [6lo] WGLC of draft-ietf-6lo-lowpan-mib-01

From: Ulrich Herberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 15:21:02 -0700

This email initiates a WGLC of draft-ietf-6lo-lowpan-mib-01. Please
send your comments and reviews to the 6lo list by April 28.

Thanks
Ulrich

---

From: Ulrich Herberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 12:14:55 -0700

Gentle reminder: The WGLC ends in three days. Please send comments by April 28.

Best regards
Ulrich

---

From: peter van der Stok <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 13:34:24 +0200

Hi Juergen,

Thanks for introducing the sequences with interface separation.
To reduce storage space I want to propose a modification.
I see that objects are defined with name lowpanObject, and that a 
SEQUENCE lowpanIfStatsTable with
sequence attributes lowpanIfObject is defined.

I wonder whether the lowpanObjects cannot be suppressed because their 
contents is the same as the value of all lowpanIfObjects summed over all 
interfaces.

Given that for small devices only one interface is present this 
modification would save quite some space for those.
For larger devices the extra transport of the value of all interfaces 
instead of the sum seems acceptable to me.

Greetings,

Peter

Ulrich Herberg schreef op 2014-04-25 21:14:
> _______________________________________________
> 6lo mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lo

---

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 14:02:04 +0200

> instead of the sum seems acceptable to me.

But then you require that _all_ implementations support per interface
statistics. The current setup allows per interface statistics but does
not require them. Note that you can sum things up in the agent if you
happen to have per interface statistics and hence additional storage
is not required for the counters.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>