Subject: [6lo] RFC 7400 on 6LoWPAN-GHC: Generic Header Compression for IPv6 over Low-Power Wireless Personal Area Networks (6LoWPANs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 15:47:08 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7400

        Title:      6LoWPAN-GHC: Generic Header Compression for 
                    IPv6 over Low-Power Wireless Personal Area 
                    Networks (6LoWPANs) 
        Author:     C. Bormann
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 47533
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-6lo-ghc-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7400.txt

RFC 6282 defines header compression in 6LoWPAN packets (where
"6LoWPAN" refers to "IPv6 over Low-Power Wireless Personal Area
Network").  The present document specifies a simple addition that
enables the compression of generic headers and header-like payloads,
without a need to define a new header compression scheme for each
such new header or header-like payload.

This document is a product of the IPv6 over Networks of Resource-constrained Nodes Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC