Subject: [6lo] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-hong-6lo-ipv6-over-nfc-03.txt

From: Yong-Geun Hong <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 17:37:35 +0900

Hi.

We submitted a updated(03) draft about IPv6 over NFC.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hong-6lo-ipv6-over-nfc/

At Honolulu meeting,  we received comments from Carsten and Alex.
We updated the draft based on these comments.
Thanks for Carsten and Alex.

It is appreciate to give comment and feedbacks.

As agreed at Honolulu meeting, we hope to move forward (become a WG
document).

Best regards.

Yong-Geun.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: 2014-11-27 17:23 GMT+09:00
Subject: I-D Action: draft-hong-6lo-ipv6-over-nfc-03.txt
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

        Title           : Transmission of IPv6 Packets over Near Field
Communication
        Authors         : Yong-Geun Hong
                          Joo-Sang Youn
        Filename        : draft-hong-6lo-ipv6-over-nfc-03.txt
        Pages           : 14
        Date            : 2014-11-27

Abstract:
   Near field communication (NFC) is a set of standards for smartphones
   and portable devices to establish radio communication with each other
   by touching them together or bringing them into proximity, usually no
   more than 10 cm.  NFC standards cover communications protocols and
   data exchange formats, and are based on existing radio-frequency
   identification (RFID) standards including ISO/IEC 14443 and FeliCa.
   The standards include ISO/IEC 18092 and those defined by the NFC
   Forum.  The NFC technology has been widely implemented and available
   in mobile phones, laptop computers, and many other devices.  This
   document describes how IPv6 is transmitted over NFC using 6LowPAN
   techniques.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hong-6lo-ipv6-over-nfc/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hong-6lo-ipv6-over-nfc-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hong-6lo-ipv6-over-nfc-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2014 12:15:02 +0100

Hi, thank you for this new version.

With respect to the formation of an Interface ID, I have a couple of 
comments.

- the u/l bit (universal/local): would be a good idea to refer to
   RFC7136 :-)
   One wonders what's the potential use of this bit in NFC?  Because one
   is free to use that bit position in a way deemed appropriate and
   useful for NFC, rather than universal/local; I doubt u/l significance
   has any particular meaning for an IPv6 address: the
   prefix is globally unique and so the address is 'universal'.

draft says:
>    In the case of NFC-enabled device address, the "Universal/Local" bit
>    MUST be set to 0 RFC4291 [7].  Only if the NFC-enabled device address
>    is known to be a public address the "Universal/Local" bit can be set
>    to 1.

- a question: if the NFC LLC address is 6-bit, why do we need to
   generate a 64bit Interface ID?  Wouldn't it be more appropriate to
   generate a 6bit Interface ID?  There may be some advantages in doing
   so (avoid waste, extend subnets beyond 64bit SLAAC/Ethernet).

Alex

Le 27/11/2014 09:37, Yong-Geun Hong a écrit :
> From: ** <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>>
> To: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
>
>
>
> until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org
> <http://tools.ietf.org>.
>
> [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
> Internet-Draft <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft> directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> 6lo mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lo
>

---

From: Yong-Geun Hong <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 12:01:48 +0900

Dear Alex.

Thanks for your comments.

See inline.

>   prefix is globally unique and so the address is 'universal'.
For regarding RFC 7136, we will check the relation.

As you said that, we guess that this one bit(U/L bit) can be used for NFC.
But, for the consistency of previous IPv6-over-foo WG documents and
the interworking with other IPv6 addresses, we follow the general method of
U/L bit.

> I remember that this issue was discussed at Honolulu meeting.
It looks like not only 6lo WG issues but also other WG issues such as IPv6
and ...
In the current version, it is written for the consistency of previous
IPv6-over foo documents and
the interworking with other IPv6 addresses.

Best regards.

Yong-Geun.