Subject: [6lo] RFC 7668 on IPv6 over BLUETOOTH(R) Low Energy

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 16:15:41 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7668

        Title:      IPv6 over BLUETOOTH(R) Low Energy 
        Author:     J. Nieminen, T. Savolainen,
                    M. Isomaki, B. Patil,
                    Z. Shelby, C. Gomez
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2015
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 52855
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-6lo-btle-17.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7668

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7668

Bluetooth Smart is the brand name for the Bluetooth low energy
feature in the Bluetooth specification defined by the Bluetooth
Special Interest Group.  The standard Bluetooth radio has been widely
implemented and available in mobile phones, notebook computers, audio
headsets, and many other devices.  The low-power version of Bluetooth
is a specification that enables the use of this air interface with
devices such as sensors, smart meters, appliances, etc.  The low-power
variant of Bluetooth has been standardized since revision 4.0
of the Bluetooth specifications, although version 4.1 or newer is
required for IPv6.  This document describes how IPv6 is transported
over Bluetooth low energy using IPv6 over Low-power Wireless Personal
Area Network (6LoWPAN) techniques.

This document is a product of the IPv6 over Networks of Resource-constrained Nodes Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC