Subject: [6lo] [Announcement] NFC network device driver in Intel Edison

From: Yong-Geun Hong <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 16:21:31 +0900

Hello All.

I would like to share a NFC network device driver in Intel Edison board.

As you know, IPv6 over NFC (draft-ietf-6lo-nfc) is under developed in IETF
6lo working group.

To implement 6lo module over NFC, it is needed to make NFC network device
driver first.
Because commercial NFC modules are acknowledged as an I/O port,
we implemented it as a generic network device driver in Intel Edison board.

To use our NFC network device driver, there are some assumption.

 1. NFC module : Adafruit PN532 NFC (v1.3)
 2. SPI – Shield Wiring is neeed
 3. To make kernel module, it needs Linux header.

For source code and information, please refer the sourceforge site.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/nfc-driver/

If you have some questions, please contact our colleague Yoonchul Choi (
[email-masked]).

We have a plan to demonstrate our 6lo module over NFC in Yokohama 6lo
Plugtest and
if you implement 6lo module over NFC, it is very nice to test the
interoperability between them.

Best regards.

Yong-Geun.

---

From: Samita Chakrabarti <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 01:34:33 +0000

Hi Yong-Geun,

Thanks for the implementation details.

At least, I find it useful.

Regards,
-Samita

From: 6lo [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Yong-Geun Hong
Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2015 12:22 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [6lo] [Announcement] NFC network device driver in Intel Edison

Hello All.

As you know, IPv6 over NFC (draft-ietf-6lo-nfc) is under developed in IETF 6lo working group.

To implement 6lo module over NFC, it is needed to make NFC network device driver first.
Because commercial NFC modules are acknowledged as an I/O port,
we implemented it as a generic network device driver in Intel Edison board.

For source code and information, please refer the sourceforge site.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/nfc-driver/
If you have some questions, please contact our colleague Yoonchul Choi ([email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>).
We have a plan to demonstrate our 6lo module over NFC in Yokohama 6lo Plugtest and
if you implement 6lo module over NFC, it is very nice to test the interoperability between them.
Best regards.
Yong-Geun.