Subject: [6lo] Last Call: <draft-ietf-6lo-rfc6775-update-11.txt> (An Update to 6LoWPAN ND) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 10:12:20 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 over Networks of
Resource-constrained Nodes WG (6lo) to consider the following document: - 'An
Update to 6LoWPAN ND'
  <draft-ietf-6lo-rfc6775-update-11.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-03-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This specification updates RFC 6775 - 6LoWPAN Neighbor Discovery, to
   clarify the role of the protocol as a registration technique,
   simplify the registration operation in 6LoWPAN routers, as well as to
   provide enhancements to the registration capabilities and mobility
   detection for different network topologies including the backbone
   routers performing proxy Neighbor Discovery in a low power network.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lo-rfc6775-update/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lo-rfc6775-update/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.