Subject: [6lo] I-D Action: draft-ietf-6lo-ap-nd-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2020 04:27:12 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPv6 over Networks of Resource-constrained Nodes WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Address Protected Neighbor Discovery for Low-power and Lossy Networks
        Authors         : Pascal Thubert
                          Behcet Sarikaya
                          Mohit Sethi
                          Rene Struik
	Filename        : draft-ietf-6lo-ap-nd-13.txt
	Pages           : 26
	Date            : 2020-01-06

Abstract:
   This document updates the 6LoWPAN Neighbor Discovery (ND) protocol
   defined in RFC 6775 and RFC 8505.  The new extension is called
   Address Protected Neighbor Discovery (AP-ND) and it protects the
   owner of an address against address theft and impersonation attacks
   in a low-power and lossy network (LLN).  Nodes supporting this
   extension compute a cryptographic identifier (Crypto-ID) and use it
   with one or more of their Registered Addresses.  The Crypto-ID
   identifies the owner of the Registered Address and can be used to
   provide proof of ownership of the Registered Addresses.  Once an
   address is registered with the Crypto-ID and a proof-of-ownership is
   provided, only the owner of that address can modify the registration
   information, thereby enforcing Source Address Validation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lo-ap-nd/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6lo-ap-nd-13
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-6lo-ap-nd-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6lo-ap-nd-13

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/