Subject: [6lo] Last Call: <draft-ietf-6lo-minimal-fragment-07.txt> (On Forwarding 6LoWPAN Fragments over a Multihop IPv6 Network) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2020 14:50:32 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the IPv6 over Networks of
Resource-constrained Nodes WG (6lo) to consider the following document: - 'On
Forwarding 6LoWPAN Fragments over a Multihop IPv6 Network'
  <draft-ietf-6lo-minimal-fragment-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-01-31. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document introduces the capability to forward 6LoWPAN fragments.
   This method reduces the latency and increases end-to-end reliability
   in route-over forwarding.  It is the companion to using virtual
   reassembly buffers which is a pure implementation technique.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lo-minimal-fragment/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lo-minimal-fragment/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    draft-ietf-lwig-6lowpan-virtual-reassembly: Virtual reassembly buffers in 6LoWPAN (None - IETF stream)