Subject: [6lo] RFC 9034 on Packet Delivery Deadline Time in the Routing Header for IPv6 over Low-Power Wireless Personal Area Networks (6LoWPANs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 12:35:53 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 9034

        Title:      Packet Delivery Deadline Time in 
                    the Routing Header for IPv6 over 
                    Low-Power Wireless Personal Area Networks (6LoWPANs) 
        Author:     L. Thomas,
                    S. Anamalamudi,
                    S.V.R. Anand,
                    M. Hegde,
                    C. Perkins
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2021
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-6lo-deadline-time-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc9034

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC9034

This document specifies a new type for the 6LoWPAN routing header
containing the deadline time for data packets, designed for use over
constrained networks. The deadline time enables forwarding and
scheduling decisions for time-critical machine-to-machine (M2M)
applications running on Internet-enabled devices that operate within
time-synchronized networks. This document also specifies a
representation for the deadline time values in such networks.

This document is a product of the IPv6 over Networks of Resource-constrained Nodes Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC