Subject: [6lo] [Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-gomez-6lo-schc-15dot4-00.txt]

From: "Carles Gomez Montenegro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 18:38:00 +0200

Dear WG,

Before the last cutoff date, we submitted the initial version of the draft
entitled "Transmission of SCHC-compressed packets over IEEE 802.15.4
networks".

Please find further details below.

We will present the draft in the 6lo session.

Comments are welcome!

Cheers,

Carles (as a WG participant)

---------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-gomez-6lo-schc-15dot4-00.txt
From:    [email-masked]
Date:    Sat, July 10, 2021 10:49 pm
To:      "Ana Minaburo" <[email-masked]>
         "Carles Gomez" <[email-masked]>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A new version of I-D, draft-gomez-6lo-schc-15dot4-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Carles Gomez and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-gomez-6lo-schc-15dot4
Revision:	00
Title:		Transmission of SCHC-compressed packets over IEEE 802.15.4 networks
Document date:	2021-07-10
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		9
URL:           
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-gomez-6lo-schc-15dot4-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gomez-6lo-schc-15dot4/
Htmlized:      
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-gomez-6lo-schc-15dot4

Abstract:
   A framework called Static Context Header Compression and
   fragmentation (SCHC) has been designed with the primary goal of
   supporting IPv6 over Low Power Wide Area Network (LPWAN) technologies
   [RFC8724].  One of the SCHC components is a header compression
   mechanism.  If used properly, SCHC header compression allows a
   greater compression ratio than that achievable with traditional
   6LoWPAN header compression [RFC6282].  For this reason, it may make
   sense to use SCHC header compression in some 6LoWPAN environments,
   including IEEE 802.15.4 networks.  This document specifies how a
   SCHC-compressed packet can be carried over IEEE 802.15.4 networks.

The IETF Secretariat