Subject: [6lo] Roman Danyliw's Discuss on draft-ietf-6lo-plc-09: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

From: Roman Danyliw via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2022 14:19:14 -0800

Roman Danyliw has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-6lo-plc-09: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6lo-plc/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

[updated for -09]
** Section 8. A few additional threats should be mentioned.  Note that a robust
treatment is not needed here (and likely not possible due to the generality of
this document).  However, they should be acknowledged.

-- This section mentions both availability (DoS) and confidentiality
(eavesdropping) concerns.  Thank you. Wouldn’t there also be the possibility of
significant integrity risks given that possible actuators or sensors being
controlled?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you to Robert Sparks for the SECDIR review.

Thank you for addressing my COMMENTs and other DISCUSS points