Subject: [6lowpan] FW: New Version Notification for draft-thubert-6lowpan-simple-fragment-recovery-01

From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 15:31:39 +0200

A new version of I-D,
draft-thubert-6lowpan-simple-fragment-recovery-01.txt has been
successfully
submitted by Pascal Thubert and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-thubert-6lowpan-simple-fragment-recovery
Revision:	 01
Title:		 LoWPAN simple fragment Recovery
Creation_date:	 2008-05-23
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 12

Abstract:
Considering that 6LoWPAN packets can be as large as 2K bytes and that
an 802.15.4 frame with security will carry in the order of 80 bytes
of effective payload, a packet might end up fragmented into as many
as 25 fragments at the 6LoWPAN shim layer.  If a single one of those
fragments is lost in transmission, all fragments must be resent,
further contributing to the congestion that might have caused the
initial packet loss.  This draft introduces a simple protocol to
recover individual fragments between 6LoWPAN endpoints.

_______________________________________________
6lowpan mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6lowpan