Subject: [6lowpan] Questions for nd-03

From: Zach Shelby <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 23:33:22 +0300

We are making progress towards the nd-03 release (by Friday I hope). 
Reviews by several people brought up the following issues that were not 
on the ticket list, which I want to check with the WG and include in nd-03:

1. The messages Router Registration/Router Confirmation (RR/RC), would 
make much more sense to 6LoWPAN newcomers if they would be called Node 
Registration/Node Confirmation instead (NR/NC). We discussed this 
earlier but didn't find a name - NR/NC seems to work well. Is the WG OK 
with this change?

2. nd-02 was difficult to understand for implementers as there started 
to be many optional things across multiple link types and multiple 
LoWPAN types. Several good reviews pointed out that 6lowpan-nd really 
needs the Whiteboard for any benefit (otherwise you do RFC4861..), and 
making it a default data structure for Edge Routers would make this 
easier to understand and implement. The suggestion is to make the 
Whiteboard a standard data structure for Edge Routers. Considering that 
Edge Routers implement full IPv6 and RFC4861, the complexity this adds 
is really marginal. Is the WG OK this change?

Thanks,
Zach

-- 
http://www.sensinode.com
http://zachshelby.org - My blog “On the Internet of Things”
Mobile: +358 40 7796297

Zach Shelby
Head of Research
Sensinode Ltd.
Kidekuja 2
88610 Vuokatti, FINLAND

This e-mail and all attached material are confidential and may contain 
legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, 
please contact the sender and delete the e-mail from your system without 
producing, distributing or retaining copies thereof.