Subject: Re: [6tisch] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-03.txt

From: Kees Trommel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2014 10:28:32 +0100

Hi,

This draft specifies that the enhanced beacon should include a
Channel Hopping IE with a Hopping Sequence ID equal to 0. Hopping
Sequence ID 0 is the default hopping sequence ID. So the actual
hopping sequence will not be included in the enhanced beacon.

Section 5.1.1a of the IEE802.25.4e standard defines an algorithm to
calculate a default hopping sequence ID.

I have the following questions regarding the default hopping
sequence:

1. Is it the intention that a minimal configuration uses the default
hopping sequence as defined in the IEE802.25.4e standard?

2. If the answer on 1. is yes:  The definition of the IEE802.25.4e
hopping sequence (in my opinion) is not unambiguous, so can you add
the actual default hopping sequence to this draft?

Regards,

Kees.

On Oct 27, 2014, at 12:20 AM, Xavier Vilajosana <xvilajosana

at eecs.berkeley.edu> wrote:

All, I just published the new version of minimal.
It includes a security section as discussed last call and some
changes to the default timing to be according to 15.4 tsch
default values.

regards,

Xavi

---------- Forwarded message
----------

From: <internet-drafts

at ietf.org>

Date: 2014-10-27 5:17 GMT+01:00

Subject: [6tisch] I-D Action:
draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-03.txt

To: i-d-announce
at ietf.org

Cc: 6tisch at ietf.org

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line
Internet-Drafts directories.

This draft is a work item of the IPv6 over the TSCH mode
of IEEE 802.15.4e Working Group of the IETF.

Title           : Minimal 6TiSCH Configuration

Authors         : Xavier Vilajosana

Kris Pister

Filename        : draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-03.txt

Pages           : 22

Date            : 2014-10-26

Abstract:

This document describes the minimal set of rules to
operate a

[IEEE802154e] Timeslotted Channel Hopping (TSCH)
network.  This

minimal mode of operation can be used during network
bootstrap, as a

fall-back mode of operation when no dynamic scheduling
solution is

available or functioning, or during early
interoperability testing

and development.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal/

There's also a htmlized version available at:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:

http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-6tisch-minimal-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the
time of submission

until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________

6tisch mailing list

6tisch

at ietf.org

https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6tisch

_______________________________________________

6tisch mailing list

6tisch

at ietf.org

https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6tisch