Subject: [6tsch] draft-watteyne-6tsch-tsch-lln-context-01 submitted

From: Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 11:12:16 -0800

All,

You will find an updated version of the draft at *
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-watteyne-6tsch-tsch-lln-context-01*

Below is the list the changes; we tried to address all the issues we have
raised and discussed on the mailing list:

- new text:
   - more complete text on synchronization in sections A.8. and B.3 to
reflect the discussions on the mailing list, highlighting that both options
of using EBs or periodic "keep-alive" messages are available.
   - added the new goals "Deterministic Behavior" (section 3.7) to echo the
discussion on industrial application, and [RFC5673].
   - added the new goals "PCE support" (section 3.8) to echo
the description of the PCE
in [I-D.phinney-roll-rpl-industrial-applicability].
- clarifications:
   - added text about security during the joining process in section 3.1.
   - added text to highlight that a failed transmission can affect both
dedicated and shared links (Section 3.6)
   - added text to indicate that a collision-free schedule uses dedicated
slots (Section B.1)
   - clarifying that TSCH is flexible, in Section 1.
   - clarifying that, if some goals can be addressed by other protocols,
6TSCH should reuse those (Section 3)
- minor edits:
   - fixed typos and naming inconsistencies throughout the text.

We are looking forward to receiving your comments during the phone call
tomorrow.

Thomas