Subject: [6tsch] FW: New Version Notification for draft-svshah-tsvwg-lln-diffserv-recommendations-00.txt

From: "Shitanshu Shah (svshah)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 16:55:57 +0000

Hi,

Below is a revised version under re-named I-D, as was suggested by tsvwg
chairs to have tsvwg in the draft name.

Previous revision: 
http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-svshah-lln-diffserv-recommendations-01.txt

One of the discussion points in the last meeting, at Atlanta, was if to
retain one of the existing code-point for Deterministic service class or
define explicit one.
Current revision, retains use of EF code-point for this service,
anticipating mutually exclusive presence of Voice vs Deterministic class
of traffic.

However, PHB definition for this LLN class of traffic is more than just
low latency (a definition used in classic networks). This has been
highlighted in the draft.

Any comments much appreciated..

Regards,
Shitanshu

On 2/17/13 9:26 PM, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

>
>A new version of I-D,
>draft-svshah-tsvwg-lln-diffserv-recommendations-00.txt
>has been successfully submitted by Shitanshu Shah and posted to the
>IETF repository.
>
>Filename:	 draft-svshah-tsvwg-lln-diffserv-recommendations
>Revision:	 00
>Title:		 Differentiated Service Class Recommendations for LLN Traffic
>Creation date:	 2013-02-18
>Group:		 Individual Submission
>Number of pages: 15
>URL:             
>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-svshah-tsvwg-lln-diffserv-recomm
>endations-00.txt
>Status:          
>http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-svshah-tsvwg-lln-diffserv-recommenda
>tions
>Htmlized:        
>http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-svshah-tsvwg-lln-diffserv-recommendations
>-00
>
>
>Abstract:
>   Differentiated services architecture is widely deployed in
>   traditional networks.  There exist well defined recommendations for
>   the use of appropriate differentiated service classes for different
>   types of traffic (eg. audio, video) in these networks.  Per-Hop
>   Behaviors are typically defined based on this recommendations.  With
>   emerging Low-power and Lossy Networks (LLNs), it is important to have
>   similar defined differentiated services recommendations for LLN
>   traffic.  Defined recommendations are for LLN class of traffic
>   exiting out of LLNs towards high-speed backbones, converged campus
>   network and for the traffic in the reverse direction.
>
>                  
>        
>
>
>The IETF Secretariat
>