Subject: [6tsch] mechanism to config Report

From: Qin Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 22:32:52 +0800

Hi all,

We have had a lot of discussion in thread "report flow contents". As you
see, there are many items, but I believe not all of them will be needed in
same time base or under same criteria. Thus, a mechanism to config Reports
by PCE via Action flow is needed. Here is sort of solution I want to
propose.

(1) think the contents listed by Xavi in thread "report flow contents" as a
part of MIB, and add a configuration field to each attribute, denoted as
 ReportCriteria.

(2) define ReportCriteria as a tuple (Criteria, CriteriaValue) . For
example,
Criteria =TIME, CriteriaValue=500, means reporting in every 500ms.
Criteria = Index of RSSI attribute, CriterValue = some Threshold, means
reporting when RSSI is worse than the Threshold.

(3) In implementation, the ReportCriteria field in MIB will implemented as
events which drive Report Flow and Event Flow.

What do you think? Any input is welcome.

Thanks
Qin

---

From: Thomas Watteyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 11:30:06 -0700

Qin,

I fully second the idea of being able to configure the reporting.

There are many possible metrics that can be reported (see
https://bitbucket.org/6tsch/meetings/wiki/report_flow_contents). There
should be a mechanism to configure the report rate of multiple at the same
time. Maybe we could use the notion of URI and (sub)resources. That is,
issuing a CoAP POST to /6top/r will configure all reporting, but only the
neighbor when issuing it to /6top/r/n. Just an idea.

The contents of the POST would contains the criteria and value. We might
define a number of generic criteria (period, lessThan, greaterThan,
equalTo, onAdd, onDelete), and leave some open for "exotic" uses that only
apply to specific metric. For example, "only when more than 3 neighbors".

Thomas

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 7:32 AM, Qin Wang <[email-masked]> wrote:

> (1) think the contents listed by Xavi in thread "report flow contents" as
> a part of MIB, and add a configuration field to each attribute, denoted as
>  ReportCriteria.
>
> _______________________________________________
> 6tsch mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6tsch
>
>