Subject: [6tsch] scheduling link

From: mehdi sabzevari <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 20:43:19 -0700 (PDT)

Dear All
I have two question about the below state for scheduling of two simultaneous link and scheduling of Rx cell(link).

                      A ----------> B <------------C
1- Inside B, with receiving of advertisement(EB) from peers A and C, Which peer is selected by B for scheduling of link? (I think here priority should exists)
2- I'm confused a little about scheduling links as Rx, In fact, the motes how find that a peer has data for it and it schedule a Rx link with it?
    For example in A-->B link, how B find that it should schedule link? I think we have consider in OpenWSN that only senders can schedule a link. Is this correct?

Regards
Mehdi

---

From: Qin Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 03:56:51 +0800

Hi Mehdi,

(1) I think your question 1 is related with time source parent selection.
Please see thread " time parent selection based on EB priority" for more
information.

(2) Regarding to your question 2, for dedicated cell reservation, the
reservation is associated not only Tx side, but also Rx side. For example,
node A and node B reserve slotOffest=5, channelOffset=12 to send data from
node A to node B. That means node A may send data to node B at the cell,
and node B should listen at the cell. If there is no data sent by node A at
the cell, node B will go to sleep, otherwise, node B receives the data sent
by node A. Regarding to how a pair of nodes reserve a cell for the
communication between them, roughly speaking, there are two approaches, one
is centralized approach, i.e. a center like PCE will set a cell to the pair
of nodes with LinkType as Tx and Rx respectively; another is distributed
approach, i.e. the pair of nodes negotiate with each other to select a cell
for their communication.

Make sense?

Regards
Qin

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 11:43 AM, mehdi sabzevari <[email-masked]
> wrote:

> 1- Inside B, with receiving of advertisement(EB) from peers A and C, Which
> peer is selected by B for scheduling of link? (I think here priority should
> exists)
> 2- I'm confused a little about scheduling links as Rx, In fact, the motes
> how find that a peer has data for it and it schedule a Rx link with it?
>     For example in A-->B link, how B find that it should schedule link? I
> think we have consider in OpenWSN that only senders can schedule a link. Is
> this correct?
>
> Regards
> Mehdi
>
> _______________________________________________
> 6tsch mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/6tsch
>
>