Subject: [72attendees] Irish Visa

From: "Vijay Devarapallli" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 12:39:53 -0700

Has anybody applied for an Irish visa yet?

I am Indian citizen residing in the US. I need an Irish visa to attend
the IETF meeting.

It looks like you actually have to send all the application for visa,
and the supporting documents (including the passport) to Dublin. The
website is saying it may take up to 8 weeks. I really can't afford not
being without my passport for 8 weeks. How long does it actually take
in practice?

The seem to have support for applying online for certain countries,
but you have to be residing in that country to able to use the online
tool. USA is not in that list.

Vijay
_______________________________________________
72attendees mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/72attendees

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 21:52:48 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Vijay,

Conference and meeting Visa is different, it takes no more than 20 days (I
got it in less than 7 days).
However, be sure you have the original of all required documents,
especially the invitation letter. I recommand you contact the IETF
secretary directly to send you the letter via the post.

---

From: Nitin Bahadur <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 12:56:50 -0700

The San Francisco consulate website mention around 7-days turn-around.

http://www.consulateofirelandsanfrancisco.org/home/index.aspx?id=35652

Nitin

---

From: "Vijay Devarapallli" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 15:03:57 -0700

Thanks for the all the responses (including the prompt response from
folks at AMSL).

It seems you can apply at the local consulate in the US. Its not clear
if they are sending the documents to Dublin or processing locally.
Whatever the case, it seems it takes 2-4 weeks for processing. So
please take this into account when applying for the visa.

Vijay

---

From: "Zhang, S. (Shuang)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 08:55:18 +0200

Hey Vijay,

Just go to the ambassy and apply. If you live in the US, then probably
you should apply online, and hand in the documents in person. It doesn't
matter if you hold an Idians passport or not.

Cheers,
Shuang

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Vijay Devarapallli
Sent: donderdag 29 mei 2008 21:40
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [72attendees] Irish Visa

It looks like you actually have to send all the application for visa,
and the supporting documents (including the passport) to Dublin. The
website is saying it may take up to 8 weeks. I really can't afford not
being without my passport for 8 weeks. How long does it actually take in
practice?

The seem to have support for applying online for certain countries, but
you have to be residing in that country to able to use the online tool.
USA is not in that list.

Vijay
_______________________________________________
72attendees mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/72attendees
This e-mail and its contents are subject to the DISCLAIMER at http://www.tno.nl/disclaimer/email.html