Subject: [73attendees] Bar BOF

From: "Stephanie McCammon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 05:52:39 -0800

Media Distribution -- Content Protection (Not DRM)

Wednesday @ 6:00 PM

Meet at piano outside Salon E and we'll find a place to talk

Here's a brief overview:

Much network congestion results from illegal file sharing. ISP estimates are
available and are quite informative. 

Finding a way to reduce P2P traffic that's copyrighted content being
"shared" without the owners' permission obviously reduces congestion. 

Doing so improves the performance of other apps and would seem to be a
desirable goal. 

What options are available is one of many questions. 

My goal, in short, is simply to start a discussion. 

-Greg DePriest

_______________________________________________
73attendees mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/73attendees