Subject: [77attendees] Share shuttle bus from LAX airport to Anaheim

From: Song Haibin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 10:01:55 +0800

Hi,

I will arrive in LAX airport at 12:10, on March 19. Are there any body else
arriving at a time close to that? So that we can share the shuttle bus. I
would like to book a "Shared Ride Van" from the
https://www.supershuttle.com. But I can not provide a 10 digit phone number,
so I can not book it online.

Xie Xie,
Haibin

---

From: Tony Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 21:10:12 -0700

You don't mention whether that's 12:10 midnight or noon.  Assuming that it's
noon, it's very, very likely that you'd be able to get on the shuttle
without a booking.

However, if you REALLY want, you can send them email at
[email-masked].  I'm sure they'll be happy to accommodate
you.

IMHO Supershuttle is reliable and cheap, but slow.  You're trading your time
for lower costs.

Tony

On 3/17/10 7:01 PM, "Song Haibin" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> 77attendees mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/77attendees

---

From: Joshua Bell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 08:57:02 -0700

Though it sounds wacky, there's also the Disneyland Express shuttles:

http://www.coachamerica.com/graylineanaheim/tours_shuttles.cfm

<http://www.coachamerica.com/graylineanaheim/tours_shuttles.cfm>These run
every 30 min from LAX and SNA and are cheap and comfortable. You just may
have to put up with excited and/or crying kids, and they'll stop at the 3
Disney hotels to let off passengers before they hit the others.

(I live in SF and have offspring; I've done the slog often enough that this
actually seems like a reasonable suggestion. YMMV.)

---

From: Ed Juskevicius <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 17:37:39 -0400

I took this bus yesterday, leaving LAX at 3:00 p.m.   Big vehicle with
seating for 50 people, and a grand total of me plus one family of six others
to share the ride.  Not bad.

One word of caution is for the return trip.  I almost paid for a round-trip
ticket on this bus (to save a few $) before asking (and being told) that
these buses do not start running early enough in the morning to get me back
to LAX (next week) to catch an 8:00 a.m. flight.

Regards, and FYI ...

Ed  J.

---

From: Chris Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 17:40:11 -0400

> to share the ride.  Not bad.

and the pickup location at LAX is? :)

-chris

---

From: Chris Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 17:50:31 -0400

> and the pickup location at LAX is? :)

silly me, read the original link :)
"Pick ups start on the hour, beginning at Terminal 1. Please allow
approximately 5 minutes between each terminal."

---

From: Samuel Weiler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 22:31:34 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks for the suggestion.

> and the pickup location at LAX is? :)

At terminal 7, it's at the far right end of the second curb under the 
GREEN sign reading "long distance busses".  It's a large motorcoach 
with a "Disneyland express" bus wrap.  It's a little hard to miss. 
The 6:30pm bus tonight didn't arrive at T7 until at least ten minutes 
past the half hour.  And it's $22 v. SuperShuttle's $16, though 
presumably no tipping is expected.

-- Sam

---

From: sakaio manoa <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 14:36:45 +1200 (GMT+12:00)

Samuel 

I arrived this afternoon and I took the advise from Leni (ISOC) to just go straight to the shared van stand, normally marked with an orange colour and they will be able to put you on one of their van to Hilton Anaheim. Cost USD$16.00 

Cheers 

============= 
Sakaio P Manoa 

----- "Samuel Weiler" wrote: 
> From: "Samuel Weiler" <[email-masked]> 
> To: "Chris Morrow" <[email-masked]> 
> Cc: [email-masked] 
> Sent: Sunday, March 21, 2010 3:31:34 PM (GMT+1200) Auto-Detected 
> Subject: Re: [77attendees] Share shuttle bus from LAX airport to Anaheim 
>

---

From: songhaibin 64081 <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 11:52:37 +0800

I arrived at clarion hotel with the same way:)  It happened there was a seat available on the van.

BR,
Haibin

> Samuel 
> 
> I arrived this afternoon and I took the advise from Leni (ISOC) to 
> just go straight to the shared van stand, normally marked with an 
> orange colour and they will be able to put you on one of their van 
> to Hilton Anaheim. Cost USD$16.00 
> 
> Cheers 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> ============= 
> Sakaio P Manoa 
>

---

From: Marc Blanchet <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 14:35:25 -0700

Hello,
  This is to announce an experiment of nat64 on the ietf-nat64 SSID. We 
would like to thank the NOC (Jim and Eric) for helping us setup this 
service.

Information below is copied from 
http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca/network_experiment.html

Marc.

--------------
IETF Network Experiment

This is a network experiment to see how NAT64 can be used, which 
applications work and not work, etc... There is no garantee of the service.

Service Information

To try the experiment, use the wireless SSID "ietf-nat64". This is an 
IPv6-only network. The nat64 router has an IPv6 enabled interface 
(2001:df8:0:72::1) on that wireless network and sends router 
advertisements for 2001:df8:0:72::/64. There is no IPv4 forwarding.

The other interface of the router is connected to the IETF backbone with 
an IPv4 address: 130.129.48.17 and an IPv6 address 2001:df8:0:48::17/64. 
The nat64 router forwards IPv6 packets as usual. Since it implements 
DNS64 and NAT64, it also translates packets when destination is IPv4. 
Your traffic to IPv4 destinations will use 64:ff9b::/96 on the IPv6 side 
and after translation, will use 130.129.48.17 as source address.

Configuration

To use this service, your computer MUST BE CONFIGURED TO RESOLVE DNS 
names to the DNS64 DNS server. PUT "2001:df8:0:72::1" as your DNS 
server. Moreover, you might want to disable IPv4.

DNS IPv6 address: 2001:df8:0:72::1

Default IPv6 gateway: 2001:df8:0:72::1
Network: 2001:df8:0:72::/64
Translating IPv6 prefix: 64:ff9b::/96
Translated IPv4 address: 130.129.48.17

Important Notes

Please note that the nat64 router is a linux laptop running on a "slow" 
PPC processor with a single physical interface. Therefore, performance 
is not garanteed...

Please note that our tests shows that MacOSX SnowLeopard does not follow 
CNAMEs on IPv6-only networks. Therefore, you might see web pages without 
images, sites do not connect while others do. The bug has been reported 
to Apple.

The implementation is available as open-source.

If you find any issue, please send email to [email-masked]
-- 
=========
IPv6 book: Migrating to IPv6, Wiley. http://www.ipv6book.ca
Stun/Turn server for VoIP NAT-FW traversal: http://numb.viagenie.ca
DTN news service: http://reeves.viagenie.ca
NAT64-DNS64 Opensource: http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca

---

From: Hui Deng <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 05:36:29 +0800

Just a quick question, IPv6 only connection or dual stack connection?

thanks

-Hui

2010/3/23 Marc Blanchet <[email-masked]>:
> Hello,
>  This is to announce an experiment of nat64 on the ietf-nat64 SSID. We would
> like to thank the NOC (Jim and Eric) for helping us setup this service.
>
> (2001:df8:0:72::1) on that wireless network and sends router advertisements
> for 2001:df8:0:72::/64. There is no IPv4 forwarding.
>
> The other interface of the router is connected to the IETF backbone with an
> IPv4 address: 130.129.48.17 and an IPv6 address 2001:df8:0:48::17/64. The
> nat64 router forwards IPv6 packets as usual. Since it implements DNS64 and
> NAT64, it also translates packets when destination is IPv4. Your traffic to
> IPv4 destinations will use 64:ff9b::/96 on the IPv6 side and after
> translation, will use 130.129.48.17 as source address.
>
> Configuration
>
> To use this service, your computer MUST BE CONFIGURED TO RESOLVE DNS names
> to the DNS64 DNS server. PUT "2001:df8:0:72::1" as your DNS server.
> Moreover, you might want to disable IPv4.
>
> Please note that the nat64 router is a linux laptop running on a "slow" PPC
> processor with a single physical interface. Therefore, performance is not
> garanteed...
>
> images, sites do not connect while others do. The bug has been reported to
> Apple.
>

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 06:38:39 -0700

> Just a quick question, IPv6 only connection or dual stack connection?

IPv6 only.

Simon
-- 
NAT64/DNS64 open-source --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca
STUN/TURN server        --> http://numb.viagenie.ca
vCard 4.0               --> http://www.vcarddav.org

---

From: Marc Blanchet <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 14:39:02 -0700

> Just a quick question, IPv6 only connection or dual stack connection?

"There is no IPv4 forwarding."

Marc.

---

From: Hui Deng <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 05:40:32 +0800

so IPv4 application won't work,

could we list how many applications could work in this type of connection?
and how many application could not work in this type of connection?

thanks

-Hui

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 06:48:38 -0700

> so IPv4 application won't work,

Yes, that's expected.

> and how many application could not work in this type of connection?

Sure. We are happy to provide an environment where you may conduct this 
type of research during this week.

Thanks,
Simon

---

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 14:59:52 -0700

Could we start a wiki or something where we could collect data?
Rows: Apps
Columns: People
Cells: Worked / didn't work / didn't try

Some initial data:
IPv6 Web: Works (ipv6.google.com, kame.net both work)
IPv4 Web: Works (www.google.com, gmail.com)
XMPP: Works (gmail.com)
AIM: Fails
Skype: Fails

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 6:48 AM, Simon Perreault
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> Sure. We are happy to provide an environment where you may conduct this type
> of research during this week.
>
> Thanks,
> Simon
> --

---

From: Marc Blanchet <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 15:53:59 -0700

good idea. please use: http://etherpad.com/fDiMyYTwhm

Marc.