Subject: [79all] Newcomer Meet and Greet Announcement

From: IETF Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 12:49:46 -0400

Dear First-Time Attendees,

I am pleased that you are planning to attend your first IETF meeting.
I look forward to meeting you at IETF 79 in Beijing, China.

In order to get you started on the right foot, you are invited a Meet-
and-Greet with the WG Chairs from 4-5pm on Sunday, November 7th.  Only
first-time attendees and WG Chairs, IESG members, and IAB members are
invited to this special reception, which will take place in the Blu
Lobster restaurant of the Shangri La Hotel.  Beer, wine, soda, and
light appetizers will be provided.  This will be an informal  gathering;
there will be no speeches or presentations.  The sole  purpose of this
gathering is to give you some time to mingle with the  WG Chairs,
providing a forum for you to get answers to any questions  you may have
about the IETF.  If you are hoping to speak with a  particular WG Chair,
you may want to check out our WG Chair Directory,  where you can find
photos of many of the IETF WG Chairs:

  http://www.ietf.org/wg/chair-photos.html

At 5pm, you are encouraged to attend the official IETF Welcome  Reception.

As you prepare to attend your first IETF meeting, I strongly recommend
that you review the Tao of the IETF, which is available online:

  http://www.ietf.org/tao.html

Safe Travel and Best Wishes,
Russ Housley
IETF Chair